• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Using Skype to make wifi calls

Keyword tags: None
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Using Skype to make wifi calls
Jun 14 2007, 3:31 AM EDT
Have successfully downloaded mobile Skype program. Everything works, ie chat, list of contacts etc. but can not make or receive phone calls by wifi. Anyone have any success other than thru phone carrier (very expensive)? Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Using Skype to make wifi calls
Jul 16 2007, 11:47 PM EDT
I'm having the same problem. I have tried calling several numbers both internationally (to Buenos Aires) and within the States. This is what happens:
1. About 50% of the time, my phone eventually rings. The other times, nothing happens.
2. Of the 50% of the time that my phone rings, 50% of those calls actually get through to someone before it disconnects.
3. Of the few calls that actually connect with someone, I can hear them saying hello but they cannot hear me.
4. Finally, of the calls that actually connect to a live person, all
but one of the calls have shown on my screen as costing 20 cents/per minute. According to the web-site, calls to home telephone lines in Buenos Aires are 2 cents a minute and I would assume the same was true of National numbers.
5. And one last thing....when people call me...there is no audible ring so I don't know they've called until I look at my phone.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Top Contributors