• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Windows media player library

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Windows media player library
Nov 25 2006, 9:05 PM EST
A couple of days ago, I stored about 25 music files onto a new storage card (already inserted into the 8525). WMP instantly recognized them and placed them in the library. Today, the card and the songs are no longer through WMP. However, I can get to them and play them through File Explorer. Any idea what is causing this? 8  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Windows media player library
Dec 3 2006, 4:08 PM EST
I have actually found the same problem with my 8525 snyc with WMP. In addition to that, when I open WMP to sync the library, it says file cannot be opened. I have found that deleting the folders MSMETADATA and WMDRM along with the WMPinfo file from the storage device (using file explorer) fixes this issue. After turning the device on and off after deleting the files, you can access the storage card via WMP library. I am not sure what causes this issue, but I have to periodically delete these files to get it working correctly. Hope this helps.
10  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 8 2006, 4:58 PM EST
Hit the library button on the touch screen. Then Hit The 'Menu' Button. Go to 'Open File' then 'Storage Card'. Open any file and then all of the files will be pushed to your 'Now Playing' List. Just a temp fix. Good luck 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 14 2006, 10:36 AM EST
When I start the camera app while WMP10 is running, It crashes wmp10 and ~sometimes~ it makes wmp10 stop showing the library that is on the storage card. I then have to go delete the metadata folder on the storage card and add media again to get my MP3 files back. If I set the camera app to put pics in the device memory instead of the storage card, this doesn't kill the library, but it still crashes wmp10. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 18 2006, 7:22 AM EST
I posted the original issue above. I've done a lot of reading and found the MSMETADATA file deletion as a fairly commonly known fix. Apparently, this problem also is present on the 8125 and 3125. I called both Cingular and HTC support. Neither claimed to have any knowledge of such a problem. The HTC rep actually told me my phone was defective and to take it back to Cingular. I would assume they could fix this at some point in a software update. Apparently, HTC just doesn't have a strong reputation for fixing glitches. I guess this will limit their appeal to people like us who are willing to experiment. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 2 2007, 6:21 PM EST
deleting everything doesn't help... still blank library..

any other ideas?
Do you find this valuable?    
Animal13
Animal13
Mar 19 2007, 5:00 PM EDT
After deleting the MSMetadata file, Open up Windows Media, Menu, Update Library. It will add the files to the library and you should be able to see them again by pulling down library, storage card, etc...
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 4 2007, 11:22 PM EDT
search in menu ,select openfile,storage card,and select music or video 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
LouMessina
LouMessina
Aug 27 2007, 7:07 PM EDT
Check the Help file. Music must be synchronized in a particular manner. I believe they must be transferred from a playlist on the PC (with WMP open) to a storage card in the device. I've never done this, so I may not recall it precisely. But the directions were specific about the manner in which you sync music. Once loaded, music cannot be moved from one playlist to another. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 6 2007, 11:33 AM EST
YES. It worked. You don't know how many things i tryed but this worked. Even if it is temp i'd be happy to fix it again by just deleting one file.
Thanks for the post, Saved me lots of time opening each file individually.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 27 2007, 11:02 PM EST
It worked.. TQ very much Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 19 2008, 2:19 AM EDT
Deleting the MSMETADATA on the external storage on my HTC smartphone resolved the issue. Thank you. Do you find this valuable?    
Wiki pages
Top Contributors