• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: cant figure out how to configure

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

modnit
modnit
cant figure out how to configure
Feb 8 2008, 12:16 AM EST
att tilt unlocked using tmo sim tzones works, mms, sms, installed opera mini and cant set up.....kinda stuck please help Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: cant figure out how to configure
Feb 8 2008, 12:25 AM EST
What exactly is the issue you are having? Do you find this valuable?    
modnit
modnit
Feb 8 2008, 2:13 AM EST
its the internet settings ihave them set up all wrong & dont know how to enter the correct settings ...got the tilt last week only had 100 hrs on it ran into a guy who asked about my tmo rzr v3 & had a tilt on att & was unlockable i took the trade bc i had a spare & at the least the wifi on the tilt was interesting ...long story short 99% of the cell shops where i live cant or wont unlock any ppc's due to the risk of bricking so i unlocked it myself ..so for an old nextel rep i think i did good until now Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Feb 9 2008, 8:01 AM EST
"its the internet settings ihave them set up all wrong & dont know how to enter the correct settings ...got the tilt last week only had 100 hrs on it ran into a guy who asked about my tmo rzr v3 & had a tilt on att & was unlockable i took the trade bc i had a spare & at the least the wifi on the tilt was interesting ...long story short 99% of the cell shops where i live cant or wont unlock any ppc's due to the risk of bricking so i unlocked it myself ..so for an old nextel rep i think i did good until now "
Here are the T-Mobile settings:

If my mobile phone is not listed, can I pick another mobile phone by the same manufacturer and send those settings to my phone?

No. Do not send the settings for a phone other than the phone you wish to configure. The wireless configuration packages are written specifically for each model phone and may cause undesired results if sent to the wrong phone. If your phone is not listed, you may have to configure the phone manually.

T-MobileWeb and picture messaging settings are provided below:

T-MobileWeb settings:

Primary IP address: 216.155.165.050

Secondary IP address: (Blank)

Access Point Name (APN): wap.voicestream.com

Data bearer: GPRS

Profile name: GPRS

Username: (Blank)

Password: (Blank)

Home page: http://wap.myvoicestream.com

Picture messaging settings:

Multi-Media Service Center (MMSC) address: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/MMS

Validity period: 72 hours

Hide ID option (if option exists): set to off, no, or disabled

Here is the link I pulled this from:

http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase/root/public/tm22882.htm
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Seeen

Seeen
Mar 19 2008, 11:34 PM EDT
I also bought an unlocked ATT 8925 and use it with a T mobile card. Can't configure the phone for picture messages internet and email. Were you able to solve these problems? Would you share your wisdom? thanks. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 21 2008, 5:04 PM EDT
I also switched from att to t mobile after I got att to give me my unlock code. It took three days calling t mobile leval three tech support ( my tech was Maryann) and having her help. On a couple of occasions I had t mobile tech on with htc in a three way call. Bottom line everything you asked about works perfectly on my phone now. Do you find this valuable?    
Seeen

Seeen
Mar 22 2008, 10:13 AM EDT
I also called T-Mobile and they were actually great. Tier support 3 stayed on the phone with me and helped me configure MMS and internet/email settings. Everything works great now and I love the phone. Thank you all for your suggestions and KUDOS to t-mobile for providing great service. s. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)