• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: htc tytn II and t-mobile mms

Keyword tags: AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt II HTC kaiser Mda Vario III P4550 TyTN
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
htc tytn II and t-mobile mms
Feb 7 2008, 9:10 AM EST
i am trying to send picture messages on t-mobile network usa and i keep getting a message telling me that ( in order to send /download mm messages,the current active connection may be closed(this may affect other applications in use ) do you want to continue? the option you get is yes or no .I pick yes and the message goes to the out box and nothing else happens. has anybody experienced this and is it repairable? Do you find this valuable?    
gronnie
gronnie
RE: htc tytn II and t-mobile mms
Feb 7 2008, 3:46 PM EST
Have you configured your device for MMS on the T-Mobile network? If not, try giving them a call and they can walk you through entering the settings. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 7 2008, 4:28 PM EST
yes i did twice they are not sure why it wont work, and there not much for unlocked non t-mobile devices .it does everything else but picture messaging. Do you find this valuable?    
gronnie
gronnie
Feb 7 2008, 6:03 PM EST
Can you post what your settings are? I have configured this device myself for TMO and want to verify we have the same because it works for me. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 7 2008, 8:18 PM EST
server name - t-mobile mms
gateway - 216.155.165.50
port - 8080
server address - http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
connect via - the wap network
speed limit - 300k
wap version - wap 2.0
Do you find this valuable?    
gronnie
gronnie
Feb 7 2008, 9:07 PM EST
That's correct.

A couple notes....
1) The MMS setup is set as default?
2) Go to Start -> Settings -> Connections -> GPRS. You should have something setup in here with settings for the access point wap.voicestream.com. What's the name of it? Should be a "Network" named "My ISP" or "Work network" or something similar? The "Connect via:" in your settings above needs to point to this "My ISP" or whatever "Network" has the settings for wap.voicestream.com.

Try that. Hope it helps!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
modnit
modnit
Feb 8 2008, 3:25 AM EST
"server name - t-mobile mms
gateway - 216.155.165.50
port - 8080
server address - http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
connect via - the wap network
speed limit - 300k
wap version - wap 2.0 "
connect via ....if u change that to -the internet everything should work also a cab named Lurch3559 may be needed google it or pm me if u havnt resolved issue im frustrated with mine also Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 8 2008, 2:28 PM EST
Thank you ,i did not have the phone settings correct i set it up like you explained and it worked correctly. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 8 2008, 2:55 PM EST
gronnie, thank you once i got the settings correct mms worked correctly. thank you again. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 18 2008, 10:30 PM EST
Hey everyone i have the Qwest "Fusion" aka HTC 5800, I'm new to "modding" the WM phones, i have got it to do everything including recieving MMS directly to the phone. Now i'm stuck because i want to be able to send MMS directly to cell phones, i know i can send them to emails but not directly to phones. if anyone could help me step by step to get this setup or even if its possible i'd appreciate it. :) Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Wednesday, 12:47 AM EDT
Hi, could explain the way you did to finally get it to work, I am facing the same problem.

Thank you
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)