• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: XPress mail push on ATT Tilt not working

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser Push tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
XPress mail push on ATT Tilt not working
Mar 15 2008, 11:39 PM EDT
So I installed xpress mail on my tilt and also the client software that connects to my lotus notes server. My phone is registered and it has downloaded the mail and the calendar entries. I also have enable push set in the xpress mail settings section.
I send a test email to my work email to see how fast I get the email on my phone. I didn't get it for a while, so I went to http://xpressmailpe.cingular.com and after login in, I did see that it was connected to my desktop client and the new email was displayed in the inbox.
Seems like the push is not working, I can get the new email if I do a manual send/receive. I have send several test emails and waited for hours to see if the push works, but no luck.
I was then reading the manual and I read about enabling the direct push icon in the connection manager. However, my direct push icon is greyed out and so I can not enable it :(
Please help if anyone knows why the push is not working and how can i enable direct push in the connection manager. Do I need to install Black Berry Connect to get the direct push functionality working?
Much appreciated!
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: XPress mail push on ATT Tilt not working
Mar 16 2008, 8:31 PM EDT
Anyone? Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Mar 16 2008, 10:17 PM EDT
"So I installed xpress mail on my tilt and also the client software that connects to my lotus notes server. My phone is registered and it has downloaded the mail and the calendar entries. I also have enable push set in the xpress mail settings section.
I send a test email to my work email to see how fast I get the email on my phone. I didn't get it for a while, so I went to http://xpressmailpe.cingular.com and after login in, I did see that it was connected to my desktop client and the new email was displayed in the inbox.
Seems like the push is not working, I can get the new email if I do a manual send/receive. I have send several test emails and waited for hours to see if the push works, but no luck.
I was then reading the manual and I read about enabling the direct push icon in the connection manager. However, my direct push icon is greyed out and so I can not enable it :(
Please help if anyone knows why the push is not working and how can i enable direct push in the connection manager. Do I need to install Black Berry Connect to get the direct push functionality working?
Much appreciated!"
Xpressmail is a whole breed of its own and is an AT&T specific application for this device. It should work without having to do anything other than setting it up. If it is not pushing to your device, you are going to need to contact AT&T so that they can look into this for you, rule out network and escalate your case to Seven (the application developer). Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 17 2008, 8:37 PM EDT
So after spending 2 hours with ATT customer care today, we figured out that the reason push is not working because someone had taken out text message package from my account. She added a text message package on my account and the push functionality is working now. VURD! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
edonlin

edonlin
Mar 25 2008, 2:16 PM EDT
Hi, I'm home on spring break helping my mom with her new AT&T Tilt. She accidentally deleted Xpress Mail and now wants it back. How do I reinstall the program? I tried downloading the software, went to setup and all it did was open a long XML document for me. All help would be greatly appreciated!
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Wiki pages
Top Contributors