Discussion: HTC Touch & Garmin Mobile XT

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

alketden

alketden
HTC Touch & Garmin Mobile XT
Mar 16 2008, 10:52 PM EDT
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a HTC Touch and wanted to connect it with my previously bought Garmin Mobile XT, but without success. After installation I get a black screen with Garmin logo for 6 seconds and then the screen diappears. Then it gives this message Data type misalignment at program address 0x03f966c8 in background thread NULL. I have tried to make a soft reset and a hard reset. After the first hard reset it worked. But when I closed the program and reopened it I got the problem back. Since then it never worked again. Is there anyone who can help me with this, please. Thanks in advance for your response.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
MarkAtHome

MarkAtHome
RE: HTC Touch & Garmin Mobile XT
Mar 17 2008, 7:50 PM EDT
I believe that the Garmin Mobile XT requires that you're phone have a built-in GPS receiver. Not sure if yours does. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 17 2008, 9:17 PM EDT
Garmin Mobile XT I bought came in a package with a Garmin GPS bluetooth receiver, and there was not specified anywhere that the smartphone should have a built-in GPS receiver. Thank you for the answer, anyway. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
MarkAtHome

MarkAtHome
Mar 17 2008, 11:48 PM EDT
The Garmin Mobile XT is currently in microSD form which plugs into your GPS-enabled phone. If your GPS doesn't have a built-in GPS receiver, than the Garmin Mobile 10 or Mobile 20 is what you need. Good luck! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 18 2008, 8:55 AM EDT
It is probably my fault in describing the GPS kit I have. It is actually called Garmin Mobile 10. If you go to the link below you'll see the specification of this kit, and as you see the software included in the kit is Garmin Mobile XT:
http://reviews.cnet.com/gps-kits/garmin-mobile-10-gps/4507-9337_7-32110465.html?tag=sub
Thanks again for your time.
Al
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 19 2008, 3:40 AM EDT
Check your software... WM5 or WM6? Try to upgrade to WM6 or do hard reset to your device. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 19 2008, 3:56 PM EDT
I already purchased a HTC TyTN II, and I have no more problems with the GPS now. Anyways, thanks for your answer. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 11 2008, 4:28 PM EDT
Hi everyone, i have the Tytn 8925 with wm6 and i install the garmin but the program can´t find the internal gps, can help me please Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 1 2008, 9:50 AM EDT
I have exactly the same problem.. not tried a hard reset, although Garmin support have suggested it... I'm a bit loath to start all over again reconfiguring it :( Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 1 2008, 9:51 AM EDT
I have the same problem with Garmin Mobile XT on an HTC TYTN II Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)