• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

8525 Won't Load to Password Screen

Keyword tags: None
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
8525 Won't Load to Password Screen
Feb 6 2008, 8:37 PM EST
I'm in need of assistance. Was looking around on the Internet today and found this place, so I hope my questions can be answered soon.
Quite a bit when I press the e-mail button or IE button on the side of the phone, my e-mail and the Internet webpage I'm on won't come up, so I'll turn my device off, then back on, and everything will be okay again. Upon pressing the e-mail button on the side of the phone, my messages didn't come up... as usual. A friend just then sent me a text, and instead of turning the device off and back on, I decided to hit reply on the touchscreen and send my reply to the person. I noticed my phone acting a bit weird, so I reset it right afterwards.
It's stuck on the Windows Mobile screen, and no matter what I do, it just won't go past that to the password screen. This has happened before, but it would get stuck on the screen previous to Windows Mobile screen, to the very first one.
I let it sit an hour with the battery out, but still no luck. I'm getting a bit worried.
Any suggestions on how to get it to work again?
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
gronnie
gronnie
RE: 8525 Won't Load to Password Screen
Feb 7 2008, 3:55 PM EST
You may need to perform a master reset on the device. This will delete everything and set it back to factory defaults. Here is how you perform this:

http://www.wireless.att.com/support/knowledgeBase.do?content=KB81193.html
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Navigation
Top Contributors