• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Memory Card

Keyword tags: htc touchflo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Memory Card
Jan 27 2008, 2:49 PM EST
I just received my htc Touch. I have installed the 512 storage card (I
hope correctly), but the storage does not show in the memory, nor the
File Explorer. What is the solution to this problem?

Bruce
Do you find this valuable?    
gronnie
gronnie
RE: Memory Card
Jan 28 2008, 1:45 PM EST
Bruce, did your memory card click into place? You need to push it in until it clicks/locks. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Memory Card (response to your issue by E)
Feb 4 2008, 3:16 AM EST
Hey Bruce,

Yo, I had that same problem too actually. You have 2 options. Your first option is to go back to your point of sale and have them exchange the storage card (microSD) as tell them it's having detection issues on your device. (I'm getting to why I'm suggesting that first above all soon)

Your second option is to do what I did-- I took it out of my phone and plugged it into the "microSD Transflash adapter" that came in the box, then put it in my PC. See if it detects. If not, then format it (argh, i forget which file system, i think it's FAT, not FAT32, definitely not NTFS)... THERE IS A DRAWBACK TO THIS THOUGH. Apparently because this type of formatting is not recommended (as it's not as consistent as a manufacturer "low-level format", YOU RUN THE RISK OF ENCOUNTERING THE PROBLEM I AM CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING--- I am not able to access all my pictures, mp3s, etc. on my storage card because it shows me the list of files/folders in a bizarre type of text, instead of their original file names. Apparently this is a File Allocation Reading problem (another person has had the same problem see http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/htc-prodigy/7662-storage-card-problem.html ) ... it's a bizarre problem, i know (cont'd) >>>
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Memory Card (response to your issue by E, continued)
Feb 4 2008, 3:24 AM EST
>> but don't worry about that. In regards to YOUR issue, simply format the card if it's detectable (probably will be) from your computer/laptop's card reader and then reinsert it into your HTC. After that, your best bet is as follows (which I strongly recommend)---

1) download a program called "Pocket Mechanic Professional"... u can use the trial for 30 days or so... it will allow u to scan your storage card for any problems in the future as well as format it properly from your device...
2) back up/move your pictures, etc to a folder of your computer's hd... this way incase u ever lose or your storage card experiences the issue I'm having, you have a backup (good thing I didn't lose anything I can't get back again)
3) never install applications on your storage card. Just keep data on it. Don't store email attachments to your storage card.
4) never remove the storage card when it's in use. Don't power down your device too much without x'ing off all the applications first because if it's writing to the card and you don't know about it and u prematurely shut down, it could cause you problems in the future.

Good luck man!
Just remember- it's a WINDOWS device, chance are it'll freeze on you if you load a lot of applications at the same time.. I know that the bluetooth kills mine when I'm running messenger and Internet Explorer at once. Other than that, it's a sick phone, everyone I know says so and I think so too, lolz.

peace,
E
Do you find this valuable?    
Dont_b_Flat88

Dont_b_Flat88
Feb 10 2008, 12:31 AM EST
Bruce, the microSD card goes in pin-side down. Make sure that you power down before removing or inserting the card. When you click on File Explorer, click on the second bar, My Device and you should get a Storage Card icon/name. If not, you may need to get a different storage card or you may have a problem with your phone. I use a Lexar 1 gig I bought at Wally World and haven't had any problems. Do you find this valuable?    
Dont_b_Flat88

Dont_b_Flat88
Feb 10 2008, 12:33 AM EST
One more thing I forgot on the card is make sure you push it all the way in. It should click as it is somewhat spring loaded. When you push on the card after installing, it should come out further than when it is installed. My problem is having a finger nail long enough to get the card back out. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 20 2008, 10:37 PM EDT
Could someone let me know WHERE the memory card goes!! I cant seem to find it!! thank you Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 28 2008, 2:03 PM EDT
Yea... WHERE does the memory card even go? Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 28 2008, 3:46 PM EDT
"Yea... WHERE does the memory card even go? "
Have you read the user manual on your device? You will find where the memory card slot is there. In any case, it's on the right side of your Touch. You will see a little door with MicroSD written on it. Just pry it open with your thumbnail and you can put your card in, with the gold contacts facing down. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Kingston 4GB Micro SD Card
Apr 28 2008, 11:10 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me how to use this 4GB Micro SD Card while playing music on the Sprint Music Player? It does give me an error message each time. The music from the card also DOES play on Windows Media Player on the Touch Phone. With my 2GB card, the music plays on the Sprint Music Player. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)