• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: invalid or mising SIM card

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
invalid or mising SIM card
May 19 2008, 9:58 AM EDT
hi. I have a MDA phone. one day th phone was shut down for bateries, when I try to restart the phone something hapend and there is a message in the screen "invalid or missing SIM card". I change the Sim card, and I made a master reset and dos not solve my problem. If somebody knows how to fix it I will apretiate it
thank you.
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: invalid or mising SIM card
May 20 2008, 1:29 PM EDT
If you have tried a different SIM card, Soft reset and Hard reset without success, you will need to either have the device repaired or replaced. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 25 2008, 9:15 AM EDT
On Friday morning my 8525 did the same thing. I have unlocked the phone and am using T-Mobile. I went to a T-Mobile store and they gave me a new SIM card and that seemed to solve it. Now here I am 2 days later and I get the exact same message. Seems kind of weird. I've had the phone for over a year with no problems, then 2 SIMs go bad in 3 days? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 27 2008, 10:30 AM EDT
"On Friday morning my 8525 did the same thing. I have unlocked the phone and am using T-Mobile. I went to a T-Mobile store and they gave me a new SIM card and that seemed to solve it. Now here I am 2 days later and I get the exact same message. Seems kind of weird. I've had the phone for over a year with no problems, then 2 SIMs go bad in 3 days?"
Update - I tested my T-Mobile SIM on my brothers T-Mobile phone and it worked fine. Monday evening, my phone decided it liked my SIM again. But Tuesday morning it says it is invalid or missing again. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 7 2008, 3:15 PM EDT
I've had similar issues with my ATT 8125 unit. I've isolated it down to the problem occuring when I use the car adapter.
I've also stopped using teh "Spare Power Adapter".
If the batteries run down too much you cannot recharge with the car adapter. Even the spare adapter does get it back. Only the original power cord/adapter works.
While the spare works for normal recharges, what would I do if I lost the original charger.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 4 2008, 4:51 AM EDT
bought new phone and for 2 months had problems with mess/invalid or missing sim card.

Had phone problems for 2months with mess/invalid or missing sim card. Had 4 new sim cards whish worked for a period THEN fitted a spacer on top of sim card under battery to apply more pressure to sim card and phone has been perfect for 5 months.

The sim card design slides on phone are faulty, not enough pressure on simcard. I had problems for months, dealer could not fix, so placed spacer on top of simcard so battery exerts downward pressure and presto phone has been perfect for 5 months.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Recent Site Activity
Top Contributors