• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Setup the XV6800 (Verizon) to sync with my MSN (hotmail) account

Keyword tags: hotmail sync verizon windows live xv6800
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

sirslam

sirslam
Setup the XV6800 (Verizon) to sync with my MSN (hotmail) account
Dec 21 2007, 10:21 PM EST
I have the Sprint -- works like a charm when I set up my hotmail account. Purchased the XV6800 for my wife's personal use...and presto I can't link up with hotmail! I have read that there is software I need to install to make this happen. Can anyone help me understand what software that is and where I can find it? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
vipertech1

vipertech1
RE: Setup the XV6800 (Verizon) to sync with my MSN (hotmail) account
Dec 29 2007, 11:58 AM EST
sirslam,
I've posted two links to windows mobile. I suggest the second link for reading material and if you have questions.

wls.live.com, or
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/software/windowslive.mspx

Note: Check your contract/settings with Verizon Wireless for Internet access. if you have unlimited, you should be good.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 30 2007, 1:01 PM EST
Yes, we have Internet access. I will check these out and get back to you...Steven Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 4 2008, 6:39 PM EST
I have the Mogul by Sprint and I am trying to sync it with hotmail. Do you pay for your hotmail? Is this how you sync it. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 5 2008, 9:00 PM EST
Actually the best link is the following for Windows Live Services:

http://www.cinetsystems.com/xda/Kaiser%20Cab%20Collections/Windows%20Live%2010.6.33.0600%20%28Fixed%29%20%28duttythroy%29.cab

Save this file onto your Windows Mobile device and open it from there. It will self install onto your device. What it does is give you the full Windows Live Mobile suite which includes:

1. Windows Live Messenger - This new messenger will let you send files and pictures over Live messenger. It also supports emoticons and multiple chats.

2. Gives you the option to setup up Windows Live Mail/Hotmail in the messaging application. The best part is that your hotmail account becomes a "Push" email account. This means that the minute an email hits the Hotmail server, it will automatically show up on your device (of course you need to set you settings to do this).

Now, this is normally standard in Windows Mobile 6 device, but carriers like Verizon and AT&T have chosen to remove it. They have final say as to what apps from Windows Mobile gets onto the devices.
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 5 2008, 9:01 PM EST
"sirslam,
I've posted two links to windows mobile. I suggest the second link for reading material and if you have questions.

wls.live.com, or
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/software/windowslive.mspx

Note: Check your contract/settings with Verizon Wireless for Internet access. if you have unlimited, you should be good."
wls.live.com is for Windows Live Search. Different from Windows Live services, which gives you messenger and email. Windows Live Search is an application similar to Google Maps Mobile. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 5 2008, 9:03 PM EST
"I have the Mogul by Sprint and I am trying to sync it with hotmail. Do you pay for your hotmail? Is this how you sync it. "
Hotmail is a free email service. You need to goto www.hotmail.com to setup an email account first, and then you can set it up so that it gets sent to your Mogul. Now I will say this, if you don't have a data plan from Sprint, the only time an email will come through is when you are synced through ActiveSync or if you are connected to wi-fi. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)