• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: 6800 & Tomtom 920 compatibility

Keyword tags: 6800 alltel compatibility Tomtom verizon
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

msmarymac

msmarymac
6800 & Tomtom 920 compatibility
Jan 7 2008, 2:51 PM EST
I have a new Tomtom 920 gps. I'm thinking of getting a 6800 for BT & staying with Alltel, but neither Alltel nor Verizon have any idea about compatibility of any product with Tomtom, and Tomtom doesn't have any info about Alltel. or Any advice? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: 6800 & Tomtom 920 compatibility
Jan 10 2008, 9:45 PM EST
I purchased Tom Tom Software to go on my Verizon VX6800. It installed great, but Verizon so far has not unlocked the GPS chip inside, so Tom Tom looks for a GPS device, but cannot find one. I think I am going to buy a bluetooth GPS receiver and leave that in my car for my VX6800 to hook up to and then I will have full navigator capability on the my phone. Hopefully someone else finds different, but that is my learning. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: 6800 & Tomtom 920 compatibility
Apr 11 2008, 4:31 PM EDT
"I purchased Tom Tom Software to go on my Verizon VX6800. It installed great, but Verizon so far has not unlocked the GPS chip inside, so Tom Tom looks for a GPS device, but cannot find one. I think I am going to buy a bluetooth GPS receiver and leave that in my car for my VX6800 to hook up to and then I will have full navigator capability on the my phone. Hopefully someone else finds different, but that is my learning. "
Try loading gpsauto behind the TomTom software and it WILL see your TomTom. gpsauto is a very small and useful program also as it has an odometer in it and gives a perfect speed as you move along.. It WILL work as I use it with the Sprint Mogul and you have the same phone. if you have a problem finding gpsauto please email me at [email protected] and I will get it to you..
Wanderer
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)