• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: How to connect to SECURED WiFi network....URGENT HELP PLEASE

Keyword tags: email SDA Smartphone T-Mobile
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

SmartSDA

SmartSDA
How to connect to SECURED WiFi network....URGENT HELP PLEASE
Nov 9 2007, 8:48 PM EST
I live in University campus wherein i have a secure WiFi connection. Can you please tell me how can i configure my TMobile SDA with the university wifi connection so that i can access the internet all across the campus. With my laptop, when i activate the Wifi button it prompts me to enter user name and pwd and that is how i access internet. PLEASE HELP ME, URGENTLY...
Infact i bought SDA for this Wifi purpose only....

Thanking you in advance
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SmartSDA

SmartSDA
RE: How to connect to SECURED WiFi network....URGENT HELP PLEASE
Nov 15 2007, 10:57 AM EST

TMobile SDA - Not connecting to Secured WiFi in my University..URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE
Was this post helpful ?

I purchased a TMobile SDA (HTC Tornado) with Windows Mobile 5 smartphone to take advantage of our WiFi network . I am having problems setting up my WiFi connection and i cant find a solution..please help me...

When using my laptop wifi connect I set up the following

My network name (SSIDD) - Utech-Students

Network Authentication OPEN

Data Encryption WEP

key is automatically provided (i tick this option)

Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network

EAP Type as PEAP.

Then under configuration of PEAP I uncheck Validate Server Certificate and authentication method selected as "Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) and "enable fast reconnect" is also ticked.

With these settings it works perfectly well in laptop.

But with these settings made in the SDA phone it gives the following error msgs ;

"The server certificate is issued by an unknown authority"

and

"Cannot log on to the wireless network. This network requires a personal certificate to positively identify you."

this is actual problem ...please help me

4  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors