Discussion: LCD screen

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2  | Next

Anonymous
LCD screen
Nov 8 2007, 10:08 AM EST
anyone know where to get an LCD???
T-mobile refused to replace my phone...there is NO sign of physical damage to the phone yet they are unwilling to exchange the phone. I need to get this repaired somewhere or I am throwing away a 300 dollar cell phone.
7  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
fstraat
fstraat
RE: LCD screen
Nov 8 2007, 6:54 PM EST
"anyone know where to get an LCD???
T-mobile refused to replace my phone...there is NO sign of physical damage to the phone yet they are unwilling to exchange the phone. I need to get this repaired somewhere or I am throwing away a 300 dollar cell phone."
So it turns out that the Shadows have delicate lcds too?

i had a Tmobile Dash and one day the lcd was just broken. there is another thread on this forum about it: http://htcwiki.com/thread/572877/dash+screen+cracked?offset=100

there are a bunch of links there where you can get an lcd replacement and tutorials.

hope this helps.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 8 2007, 7:33 PM EST
Wait... there must be a reason that we wont file a warranty exchange on the phone. If the LCD is bleeding, thats physical damage and the manufacturer will not honor the exchange therefore we cant either. Your best bet is insurance, otherwise you might as well just buy a new phone buddy. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 9 2007, 10:23 PM EST
Yes I just broke my screen last night I had mine in my back pocket and sat down but actually it has not been the first time. The only diffrence was that I realized I was going to sit on it and because I caught myself half way the phone flexed and that how it happened, I was miserable all day and started to search to purchase the screen on line. I found a link and to pdaparts.com and it has the tutorial mentioned above. it is easy to replace but the only word of caution is when you are opening the case be extremly patient and use the tool carefully. If you notice on the video that there is 3 ribbon cables that they mention about you must unfasten from there contectors. These ribbon cables are fragile but worse of all they are along the phones edge so when you are opening the case with the case opening tool make sure you are more careful opening the phones left side as you might break or damage the ribbon cable as I did with my previous phone a palm. I only nicked it but that ribbon cable I nicked was to the keys. It took me a month to get my phone working I must mention that I did not use the recommended tool to open the case instead I used a small screw driver. Good luck and don't be affraid to do the work yourself it is easy just purchase the tool you see them use in the video you can puchase it with the screen. The cost of the screen $ 59.99 and the tools kit is an addtional $4.99 + shipping and tax if applicable. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Contact Number for HTC America accessory Sales
Nov 10 2007, 4:06 PM EST
HTC America Accessory Sales: 1-888-716-3594
Try to get a new scr from them, then if you are comfortable, then you can install the screen yourself.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Contact Number for HTC America accessory Sales
Nov 10 2007, 7:41 PM EST
"HTC America Accessory Sales: 1-888-716-3594
Try to get a new scr from them, then if you are comfortable, then you can install the screen yourself."
The HTC Accessory sales only offers the accessories that came in the box with the device (charger, battery, battery cover) not phone parts (LCD, Buttons, Cables, etc.). HTC does have a repairs group but it can be expensive to replace and LCD. Their contact info can be found on www.america.htc.com under Contact Us. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 4 2008, 7:08 PM EST
5 weeks old and my LCD cracked. Tmobile will not replace it, they have no other complaints of broken LCD's.

Did you replace your screen with the one for the Dash?
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 15 2008, 12:34 PM EST
They are lying about the complaints 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 6 2008, 1:22 PM EST
Where did you buy the screen? Mine just died on me, didn't crack or anything so I don't know how it happened.

I need to buy a screen, I got some friends who can do it for me, but I have no luck on finding them over the internet.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 7 2008, 3:29 AM EST
You can find most of the replacement LCD Screens at:
http://www.cellulardr.com/categories.php?cat=120

The not only sell the parts but if you are uncomfortable, they will repair it also. Check them out.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 7 2008, 12:53 PM EST
"You can find most of the replacement LCD Screens at:
http://www.cellulardr.com/categories.php?cat=120

The not only sell the parts but if you are uncomfortable, they will repair it also. Check them out."
I do not see anything for the Shadow...

Do any of those other screens work for the shadow?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 8 2008, 2:04 PM EST
anyone? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Wing LCD screen breakage
Feb 24 2008, 11:30 AM EST
I have had the same problems with the T-Mobile Wing phone. My LCD cracked a week after I purchased it. They replaced the phone but are now trying to get me to pay for it as they say I abused, and there are no known issues (i.e., complaints) with the product. Low and behold, my replacement WIng blew its LCD yesterday, just a few weeks after it arrived. There is obviously a durability issue with the product. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 25 2008, 10:48 AM EST
You claim you found the screen for 59.99, where at? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 12 2008, 5:37 PM EDT
I had the same exact problem with my cell phone (tmobile shadow). I found a guy to fix it in florida but the screen is $140 and their service is $35. You just have to mail your phone in and they'll fix it and mail it back. It was a good deal but i didnt want to pay half of wat i paid for the phone just to replace thte screen. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 13 2008, 9:41 PM EDT
I FOUND IT! http://cnn.cn/shop/index.php. they have the screen. mine broke in the first month of having the phone. it's only 60 bones. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 19 2008, 5:48 PM EDT
So is calling HTC completely pointless? These two posts seem to somewhat conflict. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 19 2008, 5:49 PM EDT
"The HTC Accessory sales only offers the accessories that came in the box with the device (charger, battery, battery cover) not phone parts (LCD, Buttons, Cables, etc.). HTC does have a repairs group but it can be expensive to replace and LCD. Their contact info can be found on www.america.htc.com under Contact Us."
So is calling HTC completely pointless? These two posts seem to somewhat conflict. Do you find this valuable?    
FlakJakit47

FlakJakit47
Mar 21 2008, 4:18 PM EDT
"I FOUND IT! http://cnn.cn/shop/index.php. they have the screen. mine broke in the first month of having the phone. it's only 60 bones."
Hey, thanks for the site! My screen cracked about 3 weeks ago and I couldnt find a LCD screen anywhere. I was thinking about getting one from here. Did you? Did anybody purchase one from this site??

I was just curious how it turned out and how to disassemble the Shadow / Juno if I do get it. Thanks.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 30 2008, 8:49 PM EDT
WING LCD Service and Disassembly Manuals
http://michael-channon.spaces.live.com/

WING LCD Replacement for $55 at
www.blackberry8100parts.com
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
2  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors