• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Crazy t-zones, sms, settings problems

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Crazy t-zones, sms, settings problems
Oct 28 2007, 6:11 PM EDT
Hi everybody, first off let me say that i'm not really good with all these hacks, and registry things as many of you. Well i got my dash like 6 weeks ago and i came across this page and tried the $5.99 T-zones hack, it worked fine for about 2 days, then my text msgs stopped working. Somehow i related this with the change i had made, so i did a cold reset to the phone and erased everything and the text messages were workin again :P. I kept the t zones plan after that without doing the hack and again my messages stopped working. could this be done by t-mobile?... can they disable my messages and the hack for the internet connection?.. how can i have the internet and my messages back againg?.. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Crazy t-zones, sms, settings problems
Nov 3 2007, 1:48 AM EDT
here it goes...for the sms thang this is what you have to do..go to setting-connections-sms service....then you will see SMS over...mine is on gsm preferred and i'm using the $5.99 T-zone and it works great. let me know if this works for you. my email address is [email protected]. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
oluseye
oluseye
Nov 3 2007, 2:00 AM EDT
you can use live service on the $5.99 plan send me an e-mail if you want to know how to do it. my e-mail address is [email protected] 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
gw_dash

gw_dash
Nov 10 2007, 10:46 PM EST
"Hi everybody, first off let me say that i'm not really good with all these hacks, and registry things as many of you. Well i got my dash like 6 weeks ago and i came across this page and tried the $5.99 T-zones hack, it worked fine for about 2 days, then my text msgs stopped working. Somehow i related this with the change i had made, so i did a cold reset to the phone and erased everything and the text messages were workin again :P. I kept the t zones plan after that without doing the hack and again my messages stopped working. could this be done by t-mobile?... can they disable my messages and the hack for the internet connection?.. how can i have the internet and my messages back againg?.. "
I am in a similar boat. I have the GPRS & proxy set up and am able to use the $5.99 data plan for browsing in PIE, using messaging with IMAP, and I can send and receive SMS.

*However* I can't send or receive MMS, picture messages. I have tried setting SMS to GSM and to the alternate setting there. As soon as I compose a MMS and hit send, the icon next to the message in my outbox becomes the envelope with a clock, indicating a delay in sending. It never sends and eventually I receive notice that it could not send. What am I missing here?
Do you find this valuable?    
gw_dash

gw_dash
Nov 11 2007, 1:15 AM EST
Oh! I just found the answer! I forget where in the HTC Wiki I found it, but this is what I did...

1. In Text/multimedia Messaging, click MENU>NEW>MMS

2. Once new message screen comes up, click MENU>OPTIONS>MESSAGE OPTIONS

3. When the PREFERENCES screen comes up, click MENU>MMSC SETTINGS

4. In my case, DEFAULT had a checkmark by it. I selected T-MOBILE MMS and clicked MENU>EDIT

5. Settings should be as follow:
Name: T-Mobile MMS
MMSC URL: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
WAP gateway: 216.155.165.50 <--- T-Mobile's site has a typo. It is NOT .050!
Port: 8080
Connect via: WAP network
Max sending size: I left it at 300K
WAP version: I left it at WAP 2.0

5. Click DONE
6. With T-Mobile MMS highlighted, click MENU>SET AS DEFAULT
7. Click DONE

That's all it took to get things working for me. The data plan and the MMS plan can share the WAP Network connection. I'd been trying to get it set up under the Connections and Proxy options in Settings, but nothing worked. I'd never been to this options area of MMS, so it was a shot in the dark. Lucky shot!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 25 2007, 11:03 PM EST
NO ACTUALLY, THOSE WHERE THE SAME SETTINGS I HAD IN THE SAME PLACE.. SAME THING WITH THE GSM PREFFERED.... IM JUST GOING CRAZY ABOUT THIS.. LOL.. I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP THO.. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 29 2007, 6:25 PM EST
Thanks man I've been stuck on this "WAP gateway: 216.155.165.50" Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 2 2007, 2:27 PM EST
Ok I did the settings, I thought it worked because I recieved a pic message when I just got the phone but it didn"t download the message so after setting up the settings as stated above. I was able to download that first message. I tried sending messages and receiving but it just wont go through my sending messages would go in outbox or draft and I cant recieve any incoming. Can someone help I have 8525 using wid tmobile 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 5 2008, 2:36 PM EST
hey i have had the same problem and you know what? I called the t-mobile service and they said it was becuse there was a weak signal around my area now i just think thats bull seeing as everyone else is able to send and receive messages besides me i think all of us have just been scammed or somthing Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 13 2008, 2:01 AM EST
im having the same problem no mms in or out Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 20 2008, 1:07 PM EST
you my angel r a genius!!!!!!!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 11 2008, 2:09 PM EDT
My dash does not accept MMS text messages. they will come through as a text but then there is a dowload button. I push it, and nothing ever comes about it.
can someone help ?

Anonymous
siopakajk
Jun 30 2008, 7:54 AM EDT
siopkakio8pyuoujpi900-h

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors