• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Strange power problems HTC s620???

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

heyrye

heyrye
Strange power problems HTC s620???
Jul 27 2008, 1:56 PM EDT
Hi,
I just recently got a S620, the battery wasnt charged and the previous owner lost the charger. When I bought it he said that a motorola charger would work (mini usb). Anyways, I charged the phone for about 4 hours and when it was plugged in to the charger it was on and seemed to be working fine. After the charge cycle was complete, ( the yellow charge light turned to green) I unplugged the phone. The tested the WIFI and the cell radio just to make sure it was working. After about 3 min, the phone turned off. I tried turning it on again and the battery said it was down to 30%? I thought the charge was incomplete so i attempted to charge it again. This time I left it on for 13 hours, again after the charge, upon booting up the phone, it went dead after about 1 min. I checked with a voltmeter on the battery and it seemed to be fully charged with no spiking or drops in voltage. I completely drained the battery, and then attempted one more time. This time I turned off all WIFI, bluetooth and Cell radio power. I charged the phone again (this time it was off not on) and went through the cycle again, upon completion I turned on the phone, this time it booted up (BTW I am running win 6.1) and stayed on the home screen. I left the phone and waited to see what would happen. After 72 hours, in its present state it finally died. I checked the approx time with the power consumption meter on celetask (tick counter). Is this a hard ware failure or do I just need a new battery? Or is the charging output of the motorla charger not sufficient (5v at 500ma) Help PLEASE!!! I've tried everything
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Strange power problems HTC s620???
Sep 6 2008, 3:57 AM EDT
Motorola charger won't work, try to find a real charger for your phone.
You can use the mini usb car chargers for sure - don't know of a wall charger that works for sure.
Same way in reverse too - the HTC charger looks like it will charge a Motorola but it doesn't actually work.
Donno why
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 14 2008, 1:51 AM EDT
i am having similar problems with my dash. even after getting a brand new replacement (under warranty) the phone dies suddenly after only a couple minutes. i tried the following and all failed:

old phone w/ old battery (obviously)
old phone w/ new battery
new phone w/ old battery

haven't tried new phone w/ new battery yet. if you've discovered anything since, please email me [email protected] thanks.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
rtmillerx

rtmillerx
Oct 17 2008, 12:32 PM EDT
I have been using a motorola charger for 2 Dash's for over over a year.T hey charge fully and last for about a day and a half of continuous normal use Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 4 2008, 6:34 AM EST
I'm having the same problem.
What I've found out, is when I do NOT insert a SIM card, the battery works relatively fine
When I insert a SIM card, the phone dies within minutes after startup, when I connect phone with sim card to power source, the battery seems to be at 70% immediately

I haven't tried a new battery yet, cause the guy in the store said, it could be a software problem. However, I can't find any updates that seem to address this issue.

Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 4 2008, 7:00 PM EST
Same symptoms but the SIM card has nothing to do with my problem. Advise: Don't waste your time swapping out sim cards. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 5 2008, 12:50 PM EST
I got a new battery from ebay. The local dealers here said the battery is 70 bucks!! So i just went on ebay and I got 2 batteries for 10 bucks!!!. Also make sure that your charger is not the motorola one. The phone will charge, but I checked out the amperage for the charger for the phone and its 1Amp not 500ma, ever since getting a new battery and charger I've been getting 3 days at least. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors