• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: text message tonesReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 12 of 12  |  Show  posts at a time

rtwizzay
text message tones
May 14 2008, 11:09 PM EDT | Post edited: May 14 2008, 11:09 PM EDT
whats up...i had my tmobile dash for a while...but i never really spent time time with it..i synced it to my computer and what not..i did the normal basics...i want to know...how do i used my own mp3s as my text message tones...does anyone have any solutions? if so...email me..or reply to this thread...my email is [email protected] the subject area...put reply to tmobiledash problem...or a discription.. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: text message tones
May 15 2008, 3:10 PM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2008, 3:10 PM EDT
"whats up...i had my tmobile dash for a while...but i never really spent time time with it..i synced it to my computer and what not..i did the normal basics...i want to know...how do i used my own mp3s as my text message tones...does anyone have any solutions? if so...email me..or reply to this thread...my email is [email protected] the subject area...put reply to tmobiledash problem...or a discription.."
The device only supports wav files for sms alerts. Drop the wav file into the Windows folder on your device and it should then be available for selection. 3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: text message tones
May 17 2008, 11:30 AM EDT | Post edited: May 17 2008, 11:30 AM EDT
Whenever my text message tone goes off, it won't stop until the entire song is done playing. Even when I'm on the phone my text tone will go off and continue playing until the song is complete. I try to press buttons to stop the song but nothing works. Can anyone offer any help please. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: text message tones
May 20 2008, 5:26 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2008, 5:26 PM EDT
"Whenever my text message tone goes off, it won't stop until the entire song is done playing. Even when I'm on the phone my text tone will go off and continue playing until the song is complete. I try to press buttons to stop the song but nothing works. Can anyone offer any help please."
i know that happens to me you know what i do is keep my message alert in vibrate i know it sucks but hey its better than having a whole song play when u receive just one txt msg 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
4. RE: text message tones
May 20 2008, 6:26 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2008, 6:26 PM EDT
"Whenever my text message tone goes off, it won't stop until the entire song is done playing. Even when I'm on the phone my text tone will go off and continue playing until the song is complete. I try to press buttons to stop the song but nothing works. Can anyone offer any help please."
that is how it is designed; you need to cut the tone down. 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: text message tones
Sep 21 2008, 8:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2008, 8:14 PM EDT
thats the same problem im suffering right now on my new htc touch dual. even i already press the hardware buttons still it doesn't stop the text tone.. maybe on the settings but i don't know where is it..can anyone help us pls..thanks in advance Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: text message tones
Sep 21 2008, 8:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2008, 8:20 PM EDT
"that is how it is designed; you need to cut the tone down."
thats the same problem im suffering right now on my new htc touch dual. even i already press the hardware buttons still it doesn't stop the text tone.. maybe because i did something wrong on the phone settings..can anyone help me pls..thanks.. pls email me if you know how to fix it.. heres my email address.. [email protected].. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
7. RE: text message tones
Sep 21 2008, 11:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2008, 11:18 PM EDT
"thats the same problem im suffering right now on my new htc touch dual. even i already press the hardware buttons still it doesn't stop the text tone.. maybe because i did something wrong on the phone settings..can anyone help me pls..thanks.. pls email me if you know how to fix it.. heres my email address.. [email protected].."
You dont have the option to interrupt SMS tones on these devices, the whole file will play. Cut the file to a smaller size. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: text message tones
Sep 24 2008, 5:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 24 2008, 5:50 AM EDT
It is really sad cause my S621 does the same thing. I find that no other phone i have ever had did this, it is a sad design by HTC. They will have problems selling phones if this keeps happening however i was told by them that WM6 fixes the problem. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
9. RE: text message tones
Nov 8 2008, 5:04 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 8 2008, 5:04 AM EST
guys i have a problem with the first procedure coz when i transfer the wav files on \windows.... i cant find it on the selection, it doesn't appear... i have a dash and it runs with WM 6.1 kavana... thanks... anyone who knows how to fix this? so i can use my mp3 music as message tones.... what WM version are you guys using?

please email me if there is any fix for my problem... [email protected]...

thanks in advance
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
kentuck123
kentuck123
10. RE: text message tones
Dec 7 2008, 9:50 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 7 2008, 9:50 AM EST
try this folder.

\Application Data\Sounds
Do you find this valuable?    
ckvos
ckvos
11. RE: text message tones
Mar 11 2009, 12:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 11 2009, 12:19 AM EDT
hey i read ur post and have the same problem with my message tones! did u get any feedback yet on how 2 play ur mp3 as a ringtone Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)