• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Speakerphone is on all the time.Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 21  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next

Posted Anonymously
Speakerphone is on all the time.
Apr 23 2008, 12:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 23 2008, 12:52 PM EDT
I've had my S621 for about 4 months. It has worked great and I really like the phone. But two days ago, the phone started being on speakerphone all the time. I have no Idea why. I have not turned on the speakerphone. When on a call, if you go to the menu button, speakerphone is not on. You can turn it on and there is no difference.

My cell provider doesn't have any answers. I have tried a hard and soft reset and it didn't help. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Mike.
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
May 7 2008, 7:11 PM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2008, 7:11 PM EDT
I am having the same problem. This happened once before and I just turned it off and turned it back on again, but now it's stuck. Did you ever find a solution? Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
May 9 2008, 6:40 PM EDT | Post edited: May 9 2008, 6:40 PM EDT
"I've had my S621 for about 4 months. It has worked great and I really like the phone. But two days ago, the phone started being on speakerphone all the time. I have no Idea why. I have not turned on the speakerphone. When on a call, if you go to the menu button, speakerphone is not on. You can turn it on and there is no difference.

My cell provider doesn't have any answers. I have tried a hard and soft reset and it didn't help. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Mike."
i can really help you with this but remember nothing goes for nothing. my speaker phone just went off one one bad day. and i only use the head set now. what can i do? mail me on [email protected].
good luck.
0  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
May 17 2008, 9:28 PM EDT | Post edited: May 17 2008, 9:28 PM EDT
Connect The Data Cable To The Phone And PC While Phone Is On. 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
May 18 2008, 11:51 AM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2008, 11:51 AM EDT
My phone does the same thing, but, as the previous poster mentions, that plugging the usb connection to your pc resolves the issue - You will need to do that everytime you turn off and then turn on your phone. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
May 23 2008, 5:49 PM EDT | Post edited: May 23 2008, 5:49 PM EDT
"My phone does the same thing, but, as the previous poster mentions, that plugging the usb connection to your pc resolves the issue - You will need to do that everytime you turn off and then turn on your phone."
Yes It Is True You Will Have To Do This If You Should Turn Off Your Phone, Which I Don't Do Because It Takes Forever Loading Up To Begin With. But It's Better Than Havin The Speakerphone Answer All Calls. So Far I've Downloaded A Software Online That Resolves this Issue But I'm Keepin That One To Myself he he. 2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Jun 11 2008, 2:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 11 2008, 2:26 PM EDT
None of the things listed above have fixed mine. The only way it is not in speakerphone mode is to use a bluetooth headset. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Jun 11 2008, 11:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 11 2008, 11:42 PM EDT
share the wealth. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Jul 1 2008, 11:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2008, 11:01 PM EDT
dude im beggin u for this software help....my fone is my life like so many others and im suffering i do business and i need to keep my calls personal....help please Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
9. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Aug 1 2008, 10:58 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 1 2008, 10:58 AM EDT
I read another post suggesting that you push up on the little tab where you charge the phone and it would solve the problem. I tried it an it works. (At least it works now ... we'll see over time.) 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
10. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Aug 5 2008, 9:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 5 2008, 9:42 PM EDT
dude, that little push the charger part up worked. lol mad funny!!! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
11. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Aug 5 2008, 10:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 5 2008, 10:12 PM EDT
What little tab are u guys talking about? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
12. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Aug 14 2008, 2:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 14 2008, 2:45 PM EDT
I notice that my speakerphone is also on all the time!!!!

Software fix? A tab to press?

Anyone care to share details about how they got this fixed?
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
13. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Sep 16 2008, 5:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 16 2008, 5:42 PM EDT
"I read another post suggesting that you push up on the little tab where you charge the phone and it would solve the problem. I tried it an it works. (At least it works now ... we'll see over time.) "
This works!!!! I can't believe it. My T-Mobile Dash did the same thing today and I was going out of my mind ALL day!!!! Of course the Customer Service rep had no idea and suggested a master reboot in which case you lose contacts (if you have over 250) which was NOT an option for me since I use it for work. I googled this site and came across this post and I'm glad I did!!!!! Thank you to whoever posted this fix!!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
14. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Sep 18 2008, 7:47 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 18 2008, 7:47 PM EDT
"This works!!!! "
How did you do it? What part did you push. Was it the charger part covered by the plastic flap? Did you push it farther into the phone? Up towards the face of the phone? What did you use to push it? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
15. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Oct 8 2008, 3:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 8 2008, 3:58 PM EDT
I took a paperclip and just pushed up on the part where the charger goes and it worked..I was going out of my mind because it just stopped working all of a sudden. I called Tmobile and they wanted me to download all this software or something but I found this site. Thank you 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
16. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Nov 12 2008, 10:27 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 12 2008, 10:27 AM EST
While the phone was switched on I connected the mini-usb of the charger and twisted the connection point (through which the phone is connected), the speaker stopped instantly and the phone functions normally again. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
17. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Dec 11 2008, 11:15 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 11:15 PM EST
Wow, It actually worked. thanks!! PS. Dont drop your phone in a glass of soda. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
18. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Dec 26 2008, 1:27 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2008, 1:27 PM EST
Go to "Settings"; scroll down to "Home Screen"; Reset to another setting rather than what you have - should resolve your problem..... my "Home Screen" had somehow gotten changed to "T Mobile Large". I do not know if maybe the speakerphone stays on if the operation of your phone requires large fonts????? Do you find this valuable?    

cheaptequila
19. RE: Speakerphone is on all the time.
Feb 7 2009, 3:43 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2009, 3:43 PM EST
"Go to "Settings"; scroll down to "Home Screen"; Reset to another setting rather than what you have - should resolve your problem..... my "Home Screen" had somehow gotten changed to "T Mobile Large". I do not know if maybe the speakerphone stays on if the operation of your phone requires large fonts?????"
This worked! I changed the Theme to something else, then changed it back, and no more speakerphone! Thanks very much, I was ready to smash the thing with a hammer. Do you find this valuable?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)