• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Cellphone microphone too sensitive!

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Cellphone microphone too sensitive!
Jul 28 2007, 4:14 PM EDT
I've had more than one person complain that while talking to me on my cellphone that there is a lot of background noise. For example, if at a restaurant they'll say that it sounds like there is a loud TV on in the backgroud, that they can hear me ok, but the background noise is really distracting. Is this a common issue or maybe is just with my unit. Also, is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of the Cell Phone microphone? Thanks.... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Cellphone microphone too sensitive!
Jul 31 2007, 11:40 AM EDT
I have had the same complaints too. Actually i have learned that all of Cingulars and AT&T new phones have this problem. My buddy got the iPhone and he told me that people have told him that too about his phone. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 13 2008, 8:02 PM EDT
Hi,

My girlfriend and I both have 8525s, and we have found this problem to be nearly worth throwing these piece of shit phones out the window. The window of a moving car. A moving car on a bridge over some water. With the phones covered in flaming gasoline.

The problem has to do with "automatic gain correction". You can hear the gain going UP and (down) in the middle of a steady conversation. The way I read the AGC control panel, that only adjusts AGC for programs which use the microphone to record things. Turning it on or off has no apparent effect on the audio involved in an actual phone call.

HOW DO YOU TURN THIS WORTHLESS CRAP OFF??? I want a microphone volume gain slider, and I want my setting to be cast in stone, like Jimmy Hoffa.

P.S. treo 650 doesn't have this problem. ever. HTC QA Dept: Did you guys ever try to USE one of these phones?
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 11 2008, 8:04 PM EDT
Agreed - around wind or a crowd, my HTC is basically useless.

Great job testers :P
Do you find this valuable?    
Wiki pages
Top Contributors