• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Ringers for Text messages

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Ringers for Text messages
Mar 26 2007, 3:58 AM EDT
Does Anyone know how to set music for text messages, i cant figure it out? 4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Ringers for Text messages
Apr 2 2007, 6:20 PM EDT
move it to your my documents folder first then cut and paste to the windows folder. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 9 2007, 1:25 PM EDT
move what to my documents folder?? 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 28 2007, 7:45 PM EDT
the music file 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 29 2007, 2:55 AM EDT
Tones have to be .wav files to work for sounds other than the ringer. they then have to be pasted into the my documents folder while connected to the computer. once they are in my documents on the phone you have to go to the file explorer on the phone and cut and paste the .wav files into the /windows directory under my device. tada! 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
May 29 2007, 10:38 AM EDT
This has already been covered: http://htcwiki.com/page/Custom+Alerts+on+8125+and+8525 Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 13 2007, 2:54 PM EDT
Move the *.wav file to the window folder, Oh make SURE that the .wav is not .WAV phone won't recognize the caps has to be small letters. Do you find this valuable?    
aquillaredding

aquillaredding
Jul 21 2007, 9:17 PM EDT
I am having the hardest time with this ringers for text messages can someone help me please 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Noobie

Noobie
Oct 2 2007, 7:43 PM EDT
I DID IT THE FILE WENT IN THE TEXT MESSGE AVAILABLE TONES BUT IT WOULDNT MAKE ANY SOUND....HOW U TROUBLESHOOT THAT?
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Oct 29 2007, 6:23 AM EDT
The .wav file cannot be bigger then 1.67MB or longer then 10sec.... so people a full .wav song cannot be used!!!!!

use a sound/music editor to crop your .wav file into a smaller file.

REMEMBER: this music file cannot be made silent by pressing any buttons... it will play the entire file. so receiving an SMS or voicemail in public might attract some unwanted attention.

~ Ace1875
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Top Contributors