• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Make your Wing really Fly

Keyword tags: MDA T-Mobile Windows Mobile 6 wing
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 13 | Next

Anonymous
RE: Make your Wing really Fly
Mar 4 2008, 11:31 PM EST
i've done quite a bit of tweaking to the ol wing here before i foundt his page but so far i'm off to bad start on the suggestions. the page pool thread link says somewhere that it only works on WM5 and i have WM6. then i tried the pocket mechanic program and as soon as i opened it on my phone it said the evaluation period had expired and to visit the website to register for a key. i already had battery status but would love to utilize the "relocate" feature of pocket mechanic without paying for it. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 5 2008, 4:41 PM EST
Do I have to register first before I'm able download programs Do you find this valuable?    
stakou

stakou
Mar 7 2008, 1:01 PM EST
"Do I have to register first before I'm able download programs"
I do not think u can download programs from here Do you find this valuable?    
stakou

stakou
Mar 7 2008, 1:02 PM EST
"i've done quite a bit of tweaking to the ol wing here before i foundt his page but so far i'm off to bad start on the suggestions. the page pool thread link says somewhere that it only works on WM5 and i have WM6. then i tried the pocket mechanic program and as soon as i opened it on my phone it said the evaluation period had expired and to visit the website to register for a key. i already had battery status but would love to utilize the "relocate" feature of pocket mechanic without paying for it. "
I have met this problem (for the pocket mechanic_ myself too. I am sure there are other solutions but I solved mine by hard reseting my device... Do you find this valuable?    
stakou

stakou
Mar 7 2008, 1:03 PM EST
Paul,
Yours proposed steps are very good.
Is there something else we could do?
Thanks
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 8 2008, 11:53 AM EST
A few notes:
1. Go to PocketGear, not Handango. They allow trial periods for Pocket Mechanic and MemMaid. Once you get on their mailing list, they have lots of specials. Pocket Mechanic you will only use for a few days, but MemMaid you will need to run once a week or so (it schedules itself if requested).
2.Remember to do the tweaks in order: first the Pagepool, then Pocket Mechanic, then PointUI, then BatteryStatus OMAP.
3. What you move with Pocket mechanic is what you DO NOT USE. All the ringtones, .jpg images, useless programs and their associated .dlls, etc. If you are not sure what is movable and what is not, make a backup (SunnySoft), move some stuff, and see. Be sure to store the backups (as well as the program itself) on the SD card. Set SunnySoft so that the backups are SELF-EXTRACTING. That means they are stored as .exe files. If you have to do a hard reset (which puts the Wing back to how it was new, except the Pagepool), just find backup___.exe on the Storage Card with File Explorer and double click it. Voila, the Wing is back.
4. My rule of thumb is if any new program is more that 600-700KB I put it on the card. If it doesn't work, you can always delete it (Start=>Settings=>Remove Programs) and reinstall in main memory.
5. Another useful tool is Advanced Configuration Tool, a free download. Be sure to set Delete Cab After Install to NO.

Paul D.

Anonymous
Mar 8 2008, 2:11 PM EST
I am very interested in exploring all that my wing can do. I want to put the iphone with slide lock and google maps etc, Any way you can help me do this would be great. More specifically how do I download the program to my phone or to my laptop then sync. Please help. thanks caandy11 Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 10 2008, 3:14 PM EDT
Up to you. If you really want to make a good Wing into a not-so-great iPhone, the best way is to go to xda-developers.com. Find a ROM that has what you want, and flash your Wing. Remember, there's no going back. Additionally, any program that you add to your new improved Wing may not find the ROM support it expects. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 21 2008, 12:25 PM EDT
"OK.Here we go. Step 1: Free up memory. This is essential before adding the cool stuff that comes later. There are two steps. The first modifies the internal memory usage of the Wing (the Pagepool) . Go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=326655
and download the Quick Pagepool Size Changer zip file. Follow his recommendations. Basically what you do is unzip the file, load a small program onto the Wing that allows the internal memory (ROM) to be modified, then you run a quick batch file to actually modify the ROM. You do NOT load a new ROM. This is safe and immediately gives you 6 MB more free memory.
Lets do this first, then I'll show you how to free up even more memory.
Paul D."
What are the procedures to "run a quick batch file" ? I ran the ITSUTILS_Preperation.cab but it did not seem to visibly add any new icons, programs or options to my Wing. Just clicking the "backup.bat" and / or the "6mb pool.bat" returns an error message. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 23 2008, 3:44 AM EDT
can you please tell me how to do this? please send me a e-mail at [email protected] thank you so much, Zach 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
cangie

cangie
Mar 26 2008, 3:50 PM EDT
what screen interface will i have to purchase? i just bought an 8 gb memory card for my wing. i am totally interested!!!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 27 2008, 7:21 PM EDT
U need to copy the ITSUTILS_PREPERATION.cab to your phone then run it.(thats done) then while ur phones cennected to your PC, through the USB cable, run the backup.bat on ur PC, then run the 6mbpool.bat on your PC. and then just restart ur Wing. I did this 1day ago and worked fine, my Wing went from 13mb to 21mb YAY :) Do you find this valuable?    
burn0u7

burn0u7
Mar 31 2008, 11:53 PM EDT
hey guys. I'm not one to be the advertising whore cause i spend about 3 hours in my day being in the IT world and all fighting spam. Anyway - I found a great program called "SKTools" It is probly one of the best programs for WM6 out there. be careful though, back your device up completely before you start tweaking on settings. On my WING, if you tweak the storage settings such as the volitile memory, mail, IE cache, Ringtones, etc. when I reboot, i found my storage card renamed to "Storage Card2" i was messing around and tried to rename the storage card back to the original where all my programs were stored. i ended up just reloading cause i couldnt figure out where that setting is stored. haha oh yeah i almost forgot - i have a ton of apps installed right now, and my device storage is sitting at 24.1mb. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 2 2008, 5:31 PM EDT
"can you please tell me how to do this? please send me a e-mail at [email protected] thank you so much, Zach"
Please let me know how to make my wing fly. email me at [email protected] Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 3 2008, 8:18 PM EDT
Hello,
I would definitely be interested in knowing how to improve the performance of my Wing.
Can you please post instructions?
Thank you!
burn0u7

burn0u7
Apr 4 2008, 5:05 PM EDT
"What are the procedures to "run a quick batch file" ? I ran the ITSUTILS_Preperation.cab but it did not seem to visibly add any new icons, programs or options to my Wing. Just clicking the "backup.bat" and / or the "6mb pool.bat" returns an error message."
were you sure that activesync was connected to your phone via USB cable before you ran the batch file?

If activesync was connected and you ran the batch file, then the ITSUTILS_Preperation.cab wasnt installed correctly. Make sure you install it on your MAIN Memory NOT the storage card. There are no new icons, and no visual confirmations that the file is installed. I would say reboot your phone too after you install the ITSUTILS.

Proceedures to run a batch file? um... double click? also if you are using Vista, I dont believe the ITSUTILS and batch files will work. I tried on my windows xp box and the proceedures run fine.

Anonymous
Apr 5 2008, 3:34 AM EDT
Just a side note, the T-Mobile Wing does support an 8GB Micro SD card. I have one in it right now, and it supports it in its entirety. Do you find this valuable?    
burn0u7

burn0u7
Apr 5 2008, 1:41 PM EDT
I kan has upgrade?

I just got off the phone with a T-mobile PDA Tech Rep. He said there will be an official update in the next few days.

He says the engineers have listened to their customers about addressing the issue of available storage / ram on the Wing. This new update should run a bit faster, and give you more storage space as well as program memory.

The rep said that when they receive the word that there will be an upcoming update, the update will be uploaded to the t-mobile support site within days. My guess is to check back on wednesday the 9th.

Anonymous
Apr 6 2008, 8:53 PM EDT
thanks for this info... I need help with a little hick up. How do I run the .bat files on the wing? it gives me an error message saying "There's no application associated with 'backup'..." Please help.

Scorpio4lyfe
burn0u7

burn0u7
Apr 8 2008, 1:13 PM EDT
There are many, many threads that tell you how to do that.

here's the quick run down on how it works:

1) install ITSUTILS_Preperation.CAB you can find this on xda-developers.
2) connect the device to activesync wait for the green activesync icon that says you are connected.
3) Run the batch file on YOUR PC.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Previous | 13 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)