• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Wi Fi

Keyword tags: P4000 Telus Windows Mobile 5
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Wi Fi
Jan 8 2008, 11:40 PM EST
My Wi Fi won't work on mt HTC P4000 (Telus). Any idea how to fix this? 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Wi Fi
Jan 29 2008, 5:55 PM EST
I can't get my wi fi to work either. If I switch over to wireless, my mogul will see the networks, and I can enter the set up and enter in my network key. But when I try to connect, the network shows up as unavailable. Anyone have any ideas? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Jan 29 2008, 9:30 PM EST
Is the Network you are trying to connect to hidden? If it is, you have to set it up manually on the device, it wont see it automatically.
As far as showing up as unavailable, it could be low signal strength, incorrect settings (WEP, etc) or the Access Point isnt accepting anymore connections.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 17 2008, 8:28 AM EST
So I see the same problem. I don't have a hidden network - I broadcast my ssid and I have other devices which can freely come and go on the network. I'm using a dlink router and have tried 'b', 'g', 'n' and combination of those different bands/specifications - all with no luck. I'm concerned that this is a bad product from the various threads I've read - I hope that there is some form of support which will actually identify the root problem. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 17 2008, 2:34 PM EDT
"So I see the same problem. I don't have a hidden network - I broadcast my ssid and I have other devices which can freely come and go on the network. I'm using a dlink router and have tried 'b', 'g', 'n' and combination of those different bands/specifications - all with no luck. I'm concerned that this is a bad product from the various threads I've read - I hope that there is some form of support which will actually identify the root problem."
I am actually experiencing EXACTLY the same problem. Everything was fine up until Mar 8/08. After that I can't seem to get onto WiFi - this includes unsecured, unhidden networks that anything else I own can easily connect to. I haven't added anything new since then so there's nothing that should have triggered this from my side. I have spoken with HTC - they tell me to call Telus. Telus tells me to call HTC....HELP! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Wednesday, 10:36 PM EDT
Same issue here. Wi-fi all of a sudden just stopped finding networks to connect to. It's been 5 days and no internet access. I'm going to call Telus and see if they can replace the device.

If there's a fix from anyone, I'd love to see it!
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)