• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: New 2.17 ROM, still having some bluetooth issues

Keyword tags: bluetooth Mogul
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
New 2.17 ROM, still having some bluetooth issues
Nov 30 2007, 5:31 PM EST
So I've updated with the 2.17 ROM, and in a period of two days I've had two disconnects with my headset. At least it's happening less frequently but it doesn't seem the ROM fixed this for me. The phone is definitely more responsive when opening apps and the memory leak isn't as apparent but BT isn't perfect yet. Interestingly it doesn't seem to affect everyone, should I swap my mogul for a different one and see? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: New 2.17 ROM, still having some bluetooth issues
Dec 1 2007, 3:39 AM EST
I upgraded mine and my Bluetooth worked excellent. :-) This fixed the bugs well... Do you find this valuable?    
tbloemker

tbloemker
Jan 7 2008, 6:10 AM EST
I have a bluetooth speakerphone that locks up the phone since I installed 2.17. I'd say the phone is less realiable now. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 7 2008, 10:30 AM EST
I'm also having problems with bluetooth and push email. Wife's motoQ syncs with the car hand's free but my Mogul/Titian will not. So the problem can't be the car. Mogul also drops data connection after about 2-3 hours. Shut off data sync and turn it back on always fixes the problem Do you find this valuable?    
russbeekman

russbeekman
Jan 7 2008, 8:10 PM EST
My Sprint Mogul does not drop BT connections as often and the phone does lock up (crash) near as often as it before upgrading to the 2.17 ROM. However, their are still more such incidents than their should be. Also, when I'm using the BT headset and try to connect to my BT Garmin Mobile 10x, I usually have to soft boot the phone to get it to find the Garmin GPS unit. That was not the case before updating to 2.17. After connecting to the BT Garmin, I can connect to the BT headset again and they work together OK. The other day I thought the phone had gone totally crazy. Every time I received a call BT auto answered as I have it set to do and the call was lost immediately. When the person called again there was no BT connection and I had to receive the call w/o BT. This drove me nuts until I noticed that the WIFI switch had been accidentally turned on. There was no WIFI connection. However, why should turning on WIFI totally screw up BT? If they are both built into the phone you would think they would coexist. Do you find this valuable?    
danlinks

danlinks
Jan 8 2008, 7:19 PM EST
The mogul, just like the PPC6800 from Alltel, is having the same issues. IT IS A KNOW ISSUE, SUPPOSEDLY ALL THE WAY TO MICROSOFT AND HTC. THERE IS NO KNOWN FIX. I suggest that you turn your phone back and threaten to quit your provider. If all of us do this something will happen. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 7:30 PM EST
I upgraded my Mogul and the car hand's free still doesn't work. It pairs fine, but the caller's voice is choppy coming out of the speakers, and the caller can't hear my voice at all. My old PPC-6700 and my wife's Katana phones work just great with the car hand's free set... The update didn't appear to help the Mogal at all. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 10 2008, 12:55 PM EST
"So I've updated with the 2.17 ROM, and in a period of two days I've had two disconnects with my headset. At least it's happening less frequently but it doesn't seem the ROM fixed this for me. The phone is definitely more responsive when opening apps and the memory leak isn't as apparent but BT isn't perfect yet. Interestingly it doesn't seem to affect everyone, should I swap my mogul for a different one and see?"
My bluetooth doesn't disconnect any more after teh 2.17........but the sound quality isn't as good. People hear a lot of static when I talk and I can't hear as well either.

The sound was good and clear with the previous update (the only problem then was that it disconnected all the time) :'(

Please fix this once and for all HTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you find this valuable?    
danlinks

danlinks
Jan 11 2008, 10:00 AM EST
Here is the direct email response from HTC. HTC calls is "your (my) issue" and defers the solution to Alltel. Return the phone, this is the ONLY way to get help. HTC is a bad company.

To: danlinks
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:42:56 PM
Subject: Re: HELP, I need bluetooth to work on my Alltel PPC6800 <<#7321-13821#>>

Hello Dan Links,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Bluetooth issues on your Alltel PPC 6800.

Dan, as Alltel has opted to provide all technical support for its customers, we will have to refer you to Alltel for resolution for your issue with Bluetooth connectivity. We regret that we are unable to assist you with your issue.

I hope we have answered your question in detail. Feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

HTC Technical Support

http://www.america.htc.com
http://htcwiki.com
http://www.cingular.com/support/

Anonymous
Jan 12 2008, 2:08 PM EST
"So I've updated with the 2.17 ROM, and in a period of two days I've had two disconnects with my headset. At least it's happening less frequently but it doesn't seem the ROM fixed this for me. The phone is definitely more responsive when opening apps and the memory leak isn't as apparent but BT isn't perfect yet. Interestingly it doesn't seem to affect everyone, should I swap my mogul for a different one and see?"
I upgraded mine to 2.17 and it works great and have fixed the bugs and my bluetooth runs great. Can wait for the GPS to work. Which I already have a 3rd party GPS I am using. Smartphones tops the IPhone anytime. For proof go here to see HTC Mogul in Action.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PDXXYuJSWM4

Anonymous
Jan 12 2008, 2:09 PM EST
"I have a bluetooth speakerphone that locks up the phone since I installed 2.17. I'd say the phone is less realiable now. "
I have bluetooth speaker phone too and it works great... Bugs are fix... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 12 2008, 2:12 PM EST
"The mogul, just like the PPC6800 from Alltel, is having the same issues. IT IS A KNOW ISSUE, SUPPOSEDLY ALL THE WAY TO MICROSOFT AND HTC. THERE IS NO KNOWN FIX. I suggest that you turn your phone back and threaten to quit your provider. If all of us do this something will happen."
Hi, This phone is the best smartphone on the market. It has everything I need for business or personal use. Maybe you should check this video out how powerfule the Htc Mogul can do than the Iphone which can't do. Returning your phone is biggest mistake.

This Video shows more in detail of the GPS. Check it out at:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PDXXYuJSWM4

Anonymous
Jan 12 2008, 7:25 PM EST
I have had the exact same problem. My mogul does the same thing with my infiinit g37 coupe with navigation package. The update didn't help at all, it does the same thing. It pairs well, but sounds garbled from the caller and they can't hear me at all. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)