• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Dial-up

Keyword tags: dialup s720 telus
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

grantbwilson

grantbwilson
Dial-up
Nov 16 2007, 9:54 PM EST
I've got an S720 on Telus, and there is an option to make dial-up connections so I dont have to use EVDO at rediqulous prices... but i can't find an option to actually get it to dial-up, and every app i use just goes strait to EVDO... Can anyone shine some light on this?

I want to use the dial-up internet on my phone, not on my laptop through the phone ala wireless modem.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Dial-up
Tuesday, 9:55 PM EDT
Have you had any luck with this?

I too am having the same problem.

Thanks
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Dial-up
Yesterday, 10:00 AM EDT
"I've got an S720 on Telus, and there is an option to make dial-up connections so I dont have to use EVDO at rediqulous prices... but i can't find an option to actually get it to dial-up, and every app i use just goes strait to EVDO... Can anyone shine some light on this?

I want to use the dial-up internet on my phone, not on my laptop through the phone ala wireless modem."
Where did you see the option to use dial up on this device? If I recall correctly. The option to use these kinds of devices with your dial up ISP isn’t ordinarily supported; if it is possible, it will use your minutes (as you are making a phone call) so keep that in mind.
On another note, some wireless carriers support CSD (Cellular Switching Data) which is like dial up however it uses that carriers wireless network still.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)