• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: language settings.

Watch

Anonymous
language settings.
Nov 6 2007, 7:55 PM EST
how do i change the language of my HTC from german to English(usa)? where do i get that rom from? 37  out of 42 found this valuable. Do you?    
jo1234

jo1234
RE: language settings.
Nov 7 2007, 4:30 AM EST
Windows Mobile Language Support
May 2, 6:40 AM EDT

I have purchaced a TyTN in Norway (where I live, but am an english speaker). I thought the Win Mobile 5 would be able to be switched to English, but it can't. According to HTC, I would need a cracked updater and english version of Win Mobile. The ROM when installed for a particular country is locked to that language set.

Any ideas / workarounds?

Quote and Reply Post a Reply out of found this valuable. Do you find this valuable?

Anonymous RE: Windows Mobile Language Support
May 2, 8:21 AM EDT

your best bet is either trying to download drivers/software off the products website. Or try Ebay, always got phone stuff on there.

11  out of 15 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 29 2008, 6:47 PM EDT
[email protected] 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 29 2008, 6:50 PM EDT
"[email protected]"
[email protected] 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 17 2008, 2:05 AM EDT
"Windows Mobile Language Support
May 2, 6:40 AM EDT

I have purchaced a TyTN in Norway (where I live, but am an english speaker). I thought the Win Mobile 5 would be able to be switched to English, but it can't. According to HTC, I would need a cracked updater and english version of Win Mobile. The ROM when installed for a particular country is locked to that language set.

Any ideas / workarounds?

Quote and Reply Post a Reply out of found this valuable. Do you find this valuable?

Anonymous RE: Windows Mobile Language Support
May 2, 8:21 AM EDT

your best bet is either trying to download drivers/software off the products website. Or try Ebay, always got phone stuff on there.

"
my phone langag cheged giv the english langag plis help 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 11 2008, 10:45 AM EST
I am an English speaker living in Munich Germany and want to buy the HTC S740. But I don't I want to be stuck with a German language only phone. So I look forward to answer on this thread before I spend any money. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors