• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: WING fixed memoryReported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts

muffinman2010
WING fixed memory
Jun 24 2008, 8:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 24 2008, 8:09 PM EDT
I have to say, I am rather dissapointed with my wing. I think Tmobile and HTC did a poor job on this phone. I have followed the "make your wing fly" instructions in this wiki and I like the changes however, my phone continues to run low on memory, requiring a reboot every few days. The AT&T Tilt, which is DANG near the exact same phone, has 100MB of system RAM not 64MB. Why couldn't HTC/Tmobile make this phone have the same?

1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: WING fixed memory
Jun 26 2008, 2:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 26 2008, 2:14 PM EDT
"I have to say, I am rather dissapointed with my wing. I think Tmobile and HTC did a poor job on this phone. I have followed the "make your wing fly" instructions in this wiki and I like the changes however, my phone continues to run low on memory, requiring a reboot every few days. The AT&T Tilt, which is DANG near the exact same phone, has 100MB of system RAM not 64MB. Why couldn't HTC/Tmobile make this phone have the same?

"
Because that isnt what TMO asked for. The devices are made per the specifications that the carriers request; if TMO wanted it to have more memory, they would have HTC put in more memory.
Try getting an external storage card, that helps me alot!

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: WING fixed memory
Jun 28 2008, 12:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2008, 12:33 AM EDT
i have about 20 MB freespace on my phone without hacks or anything, i just deleted the junk i dont need 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: WING fixed memory
Jun 28 2008, 5:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2008, 5:16 PM EDT
"Because that isnt what TMO asked for. The devices are made per the specifications that the carriers request; if TMO wanted it to have more memory, they would have HTC put in more memory.
Try getting an external storage card, that helps me alot!"
Browntannis,
Yes, I realize that..I even told TMO this recently. I do have a large Micro SD card. Here's the sad thing, Tmobile only supports the 2GB card. I have 4 GB card in mine..so if I call their PDA support their standard answer is to, "remove the memory card, and hard reset my phone." they will then ask if the phone is performing it's functions, ie, dial, take calls, does the IM client work etc. other than that, no support for external applications, or anything else. Again, I know it's Tmobile's issue..I think it SUCKS..

muffinman2010
4. RE: WING fixed memory
Aug 16 2008, 11:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 16 2008, 11:18 AM EDT
For those that own this phone, I will say this. Up until this past week, the phone has been a POS, IMHO. I have applications deleted, including the base applications, like voice command and Oz Im client. Everytime I installed or re-installed it, it would be deleted after a week or less. I installed Intellisync client to work with company email, and that SUCKED. I kept blaming it on the applications. I was about ready to find a cooked ROM and low-and-behold, TMO released a major UPDATED ROM. You should download and install. Fixes everything. Version is 4.26.531.1 WWE, my phone had version 4.10.531.1.
I can now say, the memory is better managed, my applications have not been deleted and things like intellisync WORK..how about that..HMMM...I am tempted to go back and try a better interface..
Do you find this valuable?    
Loren345
Loren345
5. RE: WING fixed memory
Aug 17 2008, 12:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 17 2008, 12:51 PM EDT
"For those that own this phone, I will say this. Up until this past week, the phone has been a POS, IMHO. I have applications deleted, including the base applications, like voice command and Oz Im client. Everytime I installed or re-installed it, it would be deleted after a week or less. I installed Intellisync client to work with company email, and that SUCKED. I kept blaming it on the applications. I was about ready to find a cooked ROM and low-and-behold, TMO released a major UPDATED ROM. You should download and install. Fixes everything. Version is 4.26.531.1 WWE, my phone had version 4.10.531.1.
I can now say, the memory is better managed, my applications have not been deleted and things like intellisync WORK..how about that..HMMM...I am tempted to go back and try a better interface.."
I have to agree, until I found this website and read paul's (pdl1) fixes, I was completely frustrated with this phone and was about to throw it at a clerk at the store or use it as a paper weight. I am completely happy with how it is running now.

Actually TMO has a new update actually and it is 4.26.531.4. It's on their website. I had it at one time, and didn't seem to change much that I saw. I had some issues with the phone and sent it back to them, my replacement won't allow me to upgrade but I don't need to since I did exactly as pdl1 instructed me to.

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: WING fixed memory
Nov 27 2008, 9:25 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 27 2008, 9:25 PM EST
i had the same problem, and found that the internet on the phone, mostly the history used up all my memory, once i set it to delete every day i have been problem free with my wing 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: WING fixed memory
Dec 4 2008, 10:12 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2008, 10:12 PM EST
try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)