• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: password reset

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
password reset
Jan 28 2007, 6:16 PM EST
i just got my 8125 and was messing around with it and set up a password, now i forgot my password and the only screen that comes up is the enter password screen. how do i reset my password? 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: password reset
Feb 1 2007, 11:35 PM EST
Do a hard reset. The manual will explain which two buttons to push and hold, then you click the reset, let go while holding the two buttons in, and the screen will ask you to confirm. When you do this, it is reset back to the original settings and you loose any data you have. But you can use your phone.... slv. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 15 2008, 3:23 PM EDT
which two buttons do you push and hold? i lost my manual and im experiencing the same problem Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Apr 15 2008, 9:42 PM EDT
"which two buttons do you push and hold? i lost my manual and im experiencing the same problem"
The User Manual is posted on the HTC Website: http://www.htc.com/uploadedFiles/Common/Training_Guides/ATT_8525/Manual/ATT_8525_8500_User_Manual.pdf

At any rate, press and hold the left and right soft keys while doing the soft reset.
Do you find this valuable?