• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Cant send emails

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Cant send emails
May 29 2008, 6:00 AM EDT
i have tried all options that were suggested in various blogs. but i am unable to send emails through my corporate mail server. i have authenticated SMTP also tried giving port numbers next to mail server address. still does not work. i can receive emails though. Any help??? 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Cant send emails
May 29 2008, 1:47 PM EDT
"i have tried all options that were suggested in various blogs. but i am unable to send emails through my corporate mail server. i have authenticated SMTP also tried giving port numbers next to mail server address. still does not work. i can receive emails though. Any help???"
What error message do you get when you try to send oubtound email? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
eriknpf1
eriknpf1
Aug 8 2008, 8:23 PM EDT
I'm having the same problem. I have an un-locked HTC touch duel. I've used the phone under both t-mobile and now att. In both case I could receive email for my google (pop3) and my army email account (imap). In either case, I can't send emails. I have worked with the customer service reps for att, t-mobile, and HTC and still no resolution. All other features are working great to include internet and using the phone as a modem. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Aug 9 2008, 11:54 AM EDT
"I'm having the same problem. I have an un-locked HTC touch duel. I've used the phone under both t-mobile and now att. In both case I could receive email for my google (pop3) and my army email account (imap). In either case, I can't send emails. I have worked with the customer service reps for att, t-mobile, and HTC and still no resolution. All other features are working great to include internet and using the phone as a modem."
Again, we need to know what error message you get when you try to send email.... 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 9 2008, 5:02 PM EDT
When trying to send I get this error message, "The message(s) could not be send. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. then try sendng again." I have done both and have been on line with both att and HTC to reslove this and they can't get it. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 9 2008, 5:04 PM EDT
If you like, I can go through all the settings with you for att if you think that would be helpful. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 16 2008, 1:39 AM EDT
When trying to send I get this error message, "The message(s) could not be send. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. then try sending again."

I can't believe it & it so happen for consecutively for 3 days ..... it works fine in the morning & later in the afternoon here it goes same message as above.

By the way, wonder the thread here being read by the HTC Engineers ..... If so trust it could be resolved soon
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 30 2008, 10:03 AM EDT
unable to send e-mails on Tilt same error as above, the device is set up with cwmx.com as outgoing server. please help! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 30 2008, 2:24 PM EDT
I see this same problem also. The first time I created and account, it worked fine with send/receive. Suddently, sending stop working and there is no way to make it work again, receiving is working and since send/receive using the same account login and password, no way the password is wrong.

The only work around that I found is to delete the account and create a new one. Then it would work for a while until one day I can not send again.

My phone is HTC Diamond on T-mobile network. I set up IMAP account on GMail.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 17 2008, 5:02 PM EST
I have an unlocked touch dual from Best Buy (USA), running on AT&T and I've been getting the same error message as above when I try to send messages via IMAP. I can receive email from my gmail account, but can't send. Also, I've got an exchange account set up and it has always worked fine for incoming and outgoing mail. Have looked and looked and not found any solution...
is this an HTC or a WinMobile issue?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Cant send/receive picture messages
Dec 2 2008, 2:17 PM EST
My phone is the HTC Pro Touch on ATT network. I am able to send and receive emails from both personal and corporate but I have not been able to send/recieve picture messages (mms). An one got any suggestions? Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors