• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: DIAMOND CAMERA RESOLUTIONThis is a featured thread

Carlose_

Carlose_
DIAMOND CAMERA RESOLUTION
Aug 4 2008, 10:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 4 2008, 10:37 PM EDT
I can’t reach a good resolution in my shots with the DIAMOND camera, I can't believe that HTC is lying about the resolution of the camera. My shots in the 3M setting, give me a pictures of 410 kilobyte of resolution.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: DIAMOND CAMERA RESOLUTION
Aug 5 2008, 10:53 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 5 2008, 10:53 AM EDT
Try setting quality to fine. I have Diamond too but I havent used camera yet xD
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Carlose_

Carlose_
2. RE: DIAMOND CAMERA RESOLUTION
Aug 5 2008, 11:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 5 2008, 11:36 AM EDT
"Try setting quality to fine. I have Diamond too but I havent used camera yet xD"
Thanks for your comment, but of course I put the resolution in fine, and with fine plus 3M, the pictures are of 410 kilobyte of resolution. with evidently low sharpness.
The pictures that you see in the advertising, are pictures that are introduced to the phone thru PC. I'm very upset.

Thanks again

Anonymous
3. RE: DIAMOND CAMERA RESOLUTION
Aug 6 2008, 11:24 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 6 2008, 11:24 AM EDT
I would agree. The resolution of the pictures is horrible! It may be 3 Megapixels, but 2 of those are noise! The pictures are worse than my first 640x480 digital camera. :(

Yes, I too have played with the settings to get it as fine as possible. Setting the white field to darker helped some, but still very poor.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
4. RE: DIAMOND CAMERA RESOLUTION
Aug 6 2008, 2:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 6 2008, 2:32 PM EDT
"I would agree. The resolution of the pictures is horrible! It may be 3 Megapixels, but 2 of those are noise! The pictures are worse than my first 640x480 digital camera. :(

Yes, I too have played with the settings to get it as fine as possible. Setting the white field to darker helped some, but still very poor."
Thanks, now I’m sure about the pictures horrible resolution. Be the way, HTC Diamond is coming down in it's reputation, the camera, the battery with very low capacity (if you work it with another application) no programmable buttons, no slot for external memory....mmmm so, I conclude, it's just a good phone, that cost much more than just a phone.

Anonymous
5. RE: DIAMOND CAMERA RESOLUTION
Aug 7 2008, 9:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 7 2008, 9:15 AM EDT
Mine isn't a diamond, it's a Mogul. I think the camera is the same though. (I am the person who agreed with the resolution being bad.)
Do you find this valuable?    
MM12

MM12
6. RE: DIAMOND CAMERA RESOLUTION
Aug 8 2008, 6:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 8 2008, 6:29 PM EDT
i believe there is a "camera fix" at XDA-developers i would search it at the site as it may fix this, i downloaded one recently for my kaiser and it now takes much cleaner pictures.
-MM12

Anonymous
7. RE: DIAMOND CAMERA RESOLUTION
Aug 8 2008, 11:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 8 2008, 11:52 PM EDT
"i believe there is a "camera fix" at XDA-developers i would search it at the site as it may fix this, i downloaded one recently for my kaiser and it now takes much cleaner pictures.
-MM12"
thanks, could you tell me where do I have to download a "camaera fix"? Thanks

Anonymous
8. RE: DIAMOND CAMERA RESOLUTION
Dec 16 2008, 5:44 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 16 2008, 5:44 PM EST
I set my HTC Touch... 2MP camera... to Super fine and Large resolution. I have a 1gb memory card that is pretty much FULL of music, but i still have room for 40 minutes of video, and 2500 .. yes 2500.. pictures.. i am very happy with my camera at these settings. i can take a picture of my computer screen with something at size 10 font and zoom in and read it very clearly.. i am only having problems with videos being slow and blurry... hope i helped.. and please let me know if you can help with my video settings.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
9. RE: DIAMOND CAMERA RESOLUTION
Dec 26 2008, 5:09 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2008, 5:09 PM EST
"I set my HTC Touch... 2MP camera... to Super fine and Large resolution. I have a 1gb memory card that is pretty much FULL of music, but i still have room for 40 minutes of video, and 2500 .. yes 2500.. pictures.. i am very happy with my camera at these settings. i can take a picture of my computer screen with something at size 10 font and zoom in and read it very clearly.. i am only having problems with videos being slow and blurry... hope i helped.. and please let me know if you can help with my video settings."
This is a reply to my own message. I can now take 4000 pictures and 2 hours of video. do these settings and you will be VERY impressed
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)