• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: email for a neophyte

Keyword tags: email
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Georgiaray

Georgiaray
email for a neophyte
Mar 31 2008, 6:34 PM EDT
Hello. I just bought my mogul and I do love it. Here is my question, as the help materials are woefully brief.
On my home computer, I use outlook to read my emails that come via my Gmail account.
My question is, do I set up my email from gmail or outlook on the mogul. It synchs with outlook fine, but it only synchs, meaning I have to synch to get email as it happens. thanks!
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: email for a neophyte
Mar 31 2008, 8:55 PM EDT
"Hello. I just bought my mogul and I do love it. Here is my question, as the help materials are woefully brief.
On my home computer, I use outlook to read my emails that come via my Gmail account.
My question is, do I set up my email from gmail or outlook on the mogul. It synchs with outlook fine, but it only synchs, meaning I have to synch to get email as it happens. thanks!
"
Here are the instructions from Google's support site:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78886&query=Windows+Mobile&topic=&type=f
Georgiaray

Georgiaray
Apr 1 2008, 8:05 AM EDT
"Here are the instructions from Google's support site:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78886&query=Windows+Mobile&topic=&type=f"
Thank you rainman. I ended up just using my gmail and it works just great. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 1 2008, 10:37 PM EDT
Rainman, this only works if you have a gmail account right? I am trying to get my work email to come to my phone live. As it is now I need to sync w/ the computer in order to send/receive emails on my work email. How do I resolve this? Thanks for all your advice, you are the man when it comes to this thing, how do you know all this??? Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 2 2008, 9:13 AM EDT
"Rainman, this only works if you have a gmail account right? I am trying to get my work email to come to my phone live. As it is now I need to sync w/ the computer in order to send/receive emails on my work email. How do I resolve this? Thanks for all your advice, you are the man when it comes to this thing, how do you know all this???"
To get your work emails, I am assuming your company uses Microsoft Exchange Servers. If so, you need to get the Exchange server name to setup the emails. You would normally do this when your phone is setup on ActiveSync on your work computer. Then, when you check off the setting to sync up your emails, it will recognize that you have Exchange and ask for the Exchange server you want to connect to. Your IT area should be able to give this to you.

As for knowing about all this? I've been using PDA's since 1999 with a Palm V and went to an iPAQ in 2001. I am also an editor/moderator on www.pocketnow.com, so I spend a lot of time reading up on this stuff.
pyount
pyount
Apr 2 2008, 10:56 PM EDT
I can get the emails when I sync up but I don't get them real time like I do my yahoo emails. Is there a way to get the emails from the Exchange server real time?

Well thanks for all your help. Idiots like me need help from guys like you!

Thanks!
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 2 2008, 11:17 PM EDT
"I can get the emails when I sync up but I don't get them real time like I do my yahoo emails. Is there a way to get the emails from the Exchange server real time?

Well thanks for all your help. Idiots like me need help from guys like you!

Thanks!"
The best resource is the Microsoft Windows Mobile website. Here is the link on how to setup OTA Exhange Emails:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/gettingstarted/pocketpcphone/email/company/default.mspx

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)