• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: GPRS problems

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Cyberslam

Cyberslam
GPRS problems
Mar 5 2008, 3:36 AM EST
Hi all,

I am using ActiveSync to retrieve emails from our company Exchange server and do this using the local carrier GPRS connection. It works fine within the country but when i go out of the country then it never works. In connections, only my local carrier settings are stored and i do a global roaming package from my carrier. Phone calls works fine when i am traveling.

I contacted my local carrier on this but they say that they don't support HTC PDAs.

Any help?
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: GPRS problems
Mar 5 2008, 10:36 AM EST
"Hi all,

I am using ActiveSync to retrieve emails from our company Exchange server and do this using the local carrier GPRS connection. It works fine within the country but when i go out of the country then it never works. In connections, only my local carrier settings are stored and i do a global roaming package from my carrier. Phone calls works fine when i am traveling.

I contacted my local carrier on this but they say that they don't support HTC PDAs.

Any help? "
Ok, so if it works in the US only, you know that it isnt the device. If it were the device, it wouldnt work anywhere. The issue is likely with the roaming carrier that you pick up on. Isnt Sprint CDMA and not GPRS? At any rate, you shouldnt have to change settings when roaming, the roaming network (provided they have an agreement with your carrier) will be able to route you as if you were in your home area.
Who is your carrier?
Cyberslam

Cyberslam
Mar 5 2008, 2:35 PM EST
"Ok, so if it works in the US only, you know that it isnt the device. If it were the device, it wouldnt work anywhere. The issue is likely with the roaming carrier that you pick up on. Isnt Sprint CDMA and not GPRS? At any rate, you shouldnt have to change settings when roaming, the roaming network (provided they have an agreement with your carrier) will be able to route you as if you were in your home area.
Who is your carrier?"
browntannis, thats what i was thinking too that it has to be something related to the carrier. I am living UAE and my carrier is Etisalat and according to them they are in agreement with major carriers around the world. But the problem is that i have tried it in my UK,USA,India,Sri Lanka etc.. but it didn't work anywhere.

gronnie
gronnie
Mar 5 2008, 2:52 PM EST
Cyberslam, does your device have a SIM card slot? Have you inserted your SIM into it if so? Do you find this valuable?    
Cyberslam

Cyberslam
Mar 11 2008, 10:19 AM EDT
"Cyberslam, does your device have a SIM card slot? Have you inserted your SIM into it if so?"
Of course i have a SIM card inserted into my device.

Anonymous
Obvious questions
Mar 11 2008, 5:11 PM EDT
The reason for the obvious questions is that this forum is titled Sprint Touch. The Sprint Touch is not a GSM phone, and therefore doesn't have a SIM card. When asking questions about the GSM Touch you should probably make sure to clarify that fact. Do you find this valuable?    
Cyberslam

Cyberslam
RE: Obvious questions
Sunday, 9:53 AM EDT
^ i have a GSM touch phone and its not from sprint(is it a carrier? )

thanks

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)