• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Memory Card Compatibility

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Cooleguana

Cooleguana
Memory Card Compatibility
Feb 12 2008, 9:32 AM EST
Has anyone tried larger than 2gig SDmicro cards in the Touch with success? TigerDirect has SanDisk 4GB microSDHC and SanDisk 8GB microSDHC reasonably priced. Not sure if they would be compatible. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Memory Card Compatibility
Feb 12 2008, 10:36 AM EST
Havent tried it, but have read about a thousand threads on the subject and have only seen 1 person say it didnt work. So im saying yes it works. Infact i just bought an 8gb off Ebay for $55. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Cooleguana

Cooleguana
Feb 12 2008, 12:30 PM EST
Good to hear. When you get your card, can you post your results. Always best to hear from someone directly. $55 is a great price. Tiger is selling the 4gb Sandisk for $54 and the 8 for $109. I'll have to take a look on Ebay. Thanks Do you find this valuable?    
gronnie
gronnie
Feb 12 2008, 1:27 PM EST
I have a 4gb microSDHC in my Sprint Touch. It's a Kingston brand. Works like a champ! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 12 2008, 5:01 PM EST
4 gig microSDHC works for me, and it was cheap ($45). Do you find this valuable?    
Cooleguana

Cooleguana
Feb 12 2008, 7:07 PM EST
Thanks for the replies. I'm off to search for some cheap memory online! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 13 2008, 1:54 PM EST
If you get this within the next two hours, go to this link. Its a 8gb card on ebay. $65 after shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/SanDisk-8GB-Micro-SDHC-Memory-Card-MicroSDHC-MicroSD-8G_W0QQitemZ190197808272QQihZ009QQcategoryZ118260QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope it helps,
Rick
Do you find this valuable?    
Cooleguana

Cooleguana
Feb 13 2008, 5:02 PM EST
Thanks for the link missed that sale. But I picked up an 8gb with a Micro reader for 57.99 from the same retailer. Can't wait to try it out. I've put a movie on the supplied 1gb card. So I'll be able to dump 7x more on. Cool. Do you find this valuable?    
cangie

cangie
Apr 5 2008, 10:31 AM EDT
how are you doing with your 8gb memory card. i just purchased one. not quite sure i know what i am doing....... Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 5 2008, 10:54 AM EDT
"how are you doing with your 8gb memory card. i just purchased one. not quite sure i know what i am doing......."
There really isn't much more to a memory card. What are you looking to do with it? I use my 8 GB in my Tilt for music and storing GPS maps. Do you find this valuable?    
cangie

cangie
Apr 5 2008, 12:06 PM EDT
i just want to download games, music and pics. will the 8gb card slow down my phone... is that possible Do you find this valuable?    
cangie

cangie
Apr 5 2008, 12:07 PM EDT
"There really isn't much more to a memory card. What are you looking to do with it? I use my 8 GB in my Tilt for music and storing GPS maps."
do you have a hard time installing software on your phone? Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 5 2008, 12:20 PM EDT
"do you have a hard time installing software on your phone?"
No, I don't have a hard time at all. It's really a straightforward process. Most .exe files need to be run from your desktop while your phone is syned. If the file has a .cab extension, it needs to be saved to your phone and then opened from the phone. The 8GB card won't slow your device down at all. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)