• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC Touch, Bell mobilit

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
HTC Touch, Bell mobilit
Jan 15 2008, 10:55 AM EST
Has anyone except me encountered a problem with syncing outlook calendar. Any events after april or so, if they are all day events are shifted forward by one day. No one can explain this. I have checked that times are the same on computer and HTC as well as date, time zones. This is really frustrating !!

Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: HTC Touch, Bell mobilit
Jan 15 2008, 8:27 PM EST
"Has anyone except me encountered a problem with syncing outlook calendar. Any events after april or so, if they are all day events are shifted forward by one day. No one can explain this. I have checked that times are the same on computer and HTC as well as date, time zones. This is really frustrating !!

"
Sounds like it is related to the new DST rules. Did you install all the patches from Microsoft for the new Daylight Savings rules on your PC? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 28 2008, 5:34 PM EST
If it was DST it would be shifted by an hour. Everything is for the right year? This year is a leap year, so Feb has 29 days. Could that have something to do with it? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 29 2008, 8:57 PM EST
I have similar problem with HTC S640 from Telus...wont keep any appointment starting more than 90days from current date displayed on the device. If I add from the device, it updates the desktop over the air, and stays on the device for about an hour, before disapperaing from the device (but remaining on the desktop). Tech support is clueless, happens on both devices I own. I bet Telus is trying to save bandwidth and limiting to 90 day future appointment sync. NICE JOB. Anybody else get this prob with Telus Mobile Email (VISTO)?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 29 2008, 10:58 AM EST
Not true; it is related to the DST rules and Microsoft has provided a February 2008 DST update for Windows Mobile devices which solved my problem for all day calendar events. The update can be found at: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=949168. N.B If you find the Windows Mobile Updates for DST page (https://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/daylightsaving/default.mspx), it only contains the DST update from August 2007 which does not work. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 4 2008, 11:20 PM EST
This didn't work for me - I installed the patch on my device and on my computer and still, all day events are off by a day (i.e., Good Friday on Thursday!). Please help! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 18 2008, 7:38 PM EDT
I have the EXACT same problem... If someone has a solution, PLEASE let us know. I've looked everywhere! You're not alone. -Khoazy Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 18 2008, 8:20 PM EDT
This "Smartphone" seems pretty dumb since I can't account for a simiple leap year and DST. The DST patch worked for moving my appointments back to its original time, but All Day appointments are still one day ahead. I'm with Telus, not that it makes a difference with this phone. I've even tried updating the Office 2003 SP, which didn't seem to do much :( Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 8 2008, 6:22 PM EDT
Sprint tech told me to go to microsoft.com and download the daylight savings time patch. It helped! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 6 2008, 7:54 PM EDT
The DST patch worked for my AT&T 8525. I had emailed Microsoft about the problem earlier and the jerks there said it was a hardware manufacturer problem. Microsoft is just too big and nobody knows what's going on with the consumers. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors