• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: How to install Windows Live email account?

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

sboat

sboat
How to install Windows Live email account?
Nov 22 2007, 7:19 PM EST
I have some POP email accounts set up and accessible from the messenger center. When I add a hotmail account it says it finds the settings and then launches IE to the Windows Mobile Live where I can access hotmail but it doesn't install it in the messenger center. If I try to add it manually I get options for exchange or Internet. Selecting Internet just gives me options for POP or IMAP and requires server settings.

Any idea how to get this configured to add the hotmail account to the message center? Thanks.
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: How to install Windows Live email account?
Nov 22 2007, 8:15 PM EST
To setup up your Windows Live email account, you need to goto Start\Programs. In there, you should see something that says Windows Live. This is where you setup your email account. Once you go through the setup, you will be able to read your emails in the messaging application. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 22 2007, 10:40 PM EST
Thanks but it doesn't work. It still doesn't show up in the message center. I can only seem to get to it from IE. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Nov 22 2007, 11:33 PM EST
"Thanks but it doesn't work. It still doesn't show up in the message center. I can only seem to get to it from IE."
Ok, try this instead. This will load Windows Live directly on your device and you can view emails in the messaging app:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52299&d=1190919933

Just save it to your Touch somewhere. Then from file explorer, open the file and it will self install onto your device. I have installed this on both my AT&T Tilt and my AT&T 8525 and it works great on both. It will also give you the full Windows Live Messenger. Let me know if you have any problems.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 23 2007, 12:57 AM EST
OK .. thanks a million .. it worked. I'd been trying to set this up all day and was getting very frustrated. If by any chance you know of a way to have multiple Windows Live accounts in the messaging center to avoid having to switch that would also be great but I think it may not be possible.

In any case, thanks again very much for your help. I appreciate it.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Yesterday, 12:17 AM EDT
"OK .. thanks a million .. it worked. I'd been trying to set this up all day and was getting very frustrated. If by any chance you know of a way to have multiple Windows Live accounts in the messaging center to avoid having to switch that would also be great but I think it may not be possible.

In any case, thanks again very much for your help. I appreciate it."
This looks like exactly what i need, but the link in the reply is dead. can anyone tell me what the name of this app is, or what the new link is? Thanks Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Yesterday, 12:21 AM EDT
"OK .. thanks a million .. it worked. I'd been trying to set this up all day and was getting very frustrated. If by any chance you know of a way to have multiple Windows Live accounts in the messaging center to avoid having to switch that would also be great but I think it may not be possible.

In any case, thanks again very much for your help. I appreciate it."
I haven't tried it, but I don't think it's possible. I think you can only setup one Live/Hotmail account at a time. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Yesterday, 12:22 AM EDT
"This looks like exactly what i need, but the link in the reply is dead. can anyone tell me what the name of this app is, or what the new link is? Thanks"
Use this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=334621&highlight=htc+action
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)