• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC TyTN II compatible with Nokia CK-7W carkit

Keyword tags: AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt II HTC kaiser Mda Vario III P4550 TyTN
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

espace36nl
espace36nl
HTC TyTN II compatible with Nokia CK-7W carkit
Jan 14 2008, 10:46 AM EST
I am using the combination of a HTC TyTN II phone and a Nokia CK-7W bluetooth carkit. When using the phone in the car, the people i am talking with experience a annoying echo of there own voice. I have tried to turn low the volume on the phone as well on the carkit. The echo is still there. Does anyone use the same combination? Do you have the same problems or is there a way to solve them? 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: HTC TyTN II compatible with Nokia CK-7W carkit
Jan 14 2008, 4:38 PM EST
Hi Espace,
to answer your question shortly: Yes, I use the same combination and yes, I experience the same 'problems'.
It is a know fact that a lot of carkits are of a not too great quality in combination with the TyTN II.
A friend is now testing the Nokia Parrot (also in combo with a TyTN II). Hopefully I get results soon so I can let you know how his experiences are.
This is not a solution for you, with this/your combo. But at least you can stop searching for a solution... as far as I know, there is none (except buying another carkit).
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
MetalRush
MetalRush
Jan 14 2008, 4:39 PM EST
Darn, forgot to log in :P 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
espace36nl
espace36nl
Jan 15 2008, 2:21 AM EST
Well if i can't solve it i have to build in a different carkit. The way it works now is too annoying. So anyone that has a good working combination, let me know please. Do you find this valuable?    
MetalRush
MetalRush
Jan 25 2008, 6:55 PM EST
My friend tried the Parrot carkit.
It seems to work better then the CK-7W but I did not hear it myself (tho he heard me via the CK-7W and heared his dad via the Parrot, so he has a comparison).
There might be better solutions/carkits for the TyTN II... so keep searching the net... :)

Anonymous
Jan 28 2008, 5:46 AM EST
I confirm the echo problem with CK-7W. Right now, I'm going to switch to parrot 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
espace36nl
espace36nl
Feb 5 2008, 2:52 AM EST
is there nobody with a proven combination of TyTN II and carkit at all. This worries me. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 9 2008, 6:04 AM EST
I have exactly the same problem with the CK-7W and my Kaiser running recent software (Q-Mobile 1.2 ROM). A bit sad really, my old basic phones worked fine. Do you find this valuable?    
espace36nl
espace36nl
Feb 9 2008, 9:11 AM EST
I have decided to switch to parrot too. I have tested in another car and it worked fine there. They are going to install the parrot 3200 carkit on tuesday. Let you know if it works well Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 11 2008, 11:24 PM EST
I am using something I bought off eBay that is sometimes designated NAE-011B. You can see an example of it here. (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AU-19-99-Bluetooth-Car-Kit-Handsfree-NOKIA-MOTOROLA-SE_W0QQitemZ130197123355QQihZ003QQcategoryZ88469QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
The volume isn't quite loud enough when I'm travelling on rough country roads at speed (though I'm told that's an issue with the TyTn's transmission and gain, though really the unit ought to have more amplification anyway), but at least there is no echo.

Anonymous
Feb 12 2008, 2:37 AM EST
Thanks for the reaction. I just drove my car to the garage to let them build in a parrot 3200. That is one is much more expensive than the one you have found on eBay. I will let you know how it handles in operation. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
espace36nl
espace36nl
Feb 16 2008, 6:12 PM EST
The parrot 3200 seems to work fine. I will let know the results of a longer use of the combination. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
danvines

danvines
Feb 19 2008, 5:44 PM EST
Any updates on this? It seems I am in the market to replace my CK-7W as well. Do you find this valuable?    
espace36nl
espace36nl
Feb 20 2008, 2:02 AM EST
Well the echoing is gone with my parrot 3200. People can hear me loud and clear. I experience some problems with my parrot turning off and on with no reason, but i'll think that has nothing to do with my phone.

In my opinion it is fair to say that the parrot 3200 is a good carkit in combination with the TyTN II

Anonymous
Feb 26 2008, 6:51 AM EST
"Well the echoing is gone with my parrot 3200. People can hear me loud and clear. I experience some problems with my parrot turning off and on with no reason, but i'll think that has nothing to do with my phone.

In my opinion it is fair to say that the parrot 3200 is a good carkit in combination with the TyTN II"
I have the Parrot 3200 + TyTN II combination.

The biggest problem is that almost always when i answer a call by pressing the green button on the Parrot, the call if answered but sound comes out of the phone and not the carkit (ie car stereo speakers)!!!
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 26 2008, 11:40 AM EST
I've read a lot about this problem and it seems to be in the Carkit itself.
It's a Nokia problem.
danvines

danvines
Feb 26 2008, 1:19 PM EST
I, too, have read about this on several different forums. One prevailing theory is that Nokia uses a funny BT stack.

When I originally bought my kit, I had a Nokia phone. Never used BT w/ it, as I had a cradle w/ antenna coupler, etc. First noticed the problem w/ my 8125. I wrote it off at the time, but the problem continued when I upgraded that phone to the Tilt.

I have a Parrot CK3100 on order that should be here this week. I pulled the Nokia kit last weekend in preparation.

Will post my experiences here once I have the new one installed.
espace36nl
espace36nl
Feb 28 2008, 4:07 AM EST
My Parrot is still having problems with the power supply. On monday my car dealer will be trying to solve it for the third time. Until now i didn't have a change to do an endurance test with the combination TyTN II and parrot 3200. The few times it worked i heard the sound from the speakers of the car. But i never answered a call, but called myself. Let you know when it have new results. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 8 2008, 3:21 PM EST
I've been using my MDA Vario III with CK-7W for about 3 months now, with no complaints from anyone I have spoken to. I have just left a couple of messages on my home phone to test for problems, having just wired in a Brodit Active holder - no echo at all. Maybe I got lucky.... Alan C Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 18 2008, 5:51 PM EDT
This is defnitely carkit problem. CK-7W gives echo with whne paired with Motorolla V3, HTC TyTm, HP 6515w and probably many others (these 3 I tested myself). It works only with Nokia phones. I had 6280 and now my wife has 6500. Works fine with both.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)