• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: How to get new ringtones

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
How to get new ringtones
Dec 25 2007, 5:57 PM EST
How do you download ringtones to this phone? Where is the sprint vision to do so...I just got the phone a day ago. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: How to get new ringtones
Dec 28 2007, 8:22 PM EST
If you have a bunch of mp3's laying around your hard drive like me, just do what I do and make your own:

1. download a free audio editor like Audacity (win/mac/linux, http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download )
2. cut yourself some ~30 second clips from your favorite songs or whatnot
3. save the clips in mp3 format
4. transfer them from your computer to "\My Device\My Documents\My Ringtones\" (I use windows explorer for that)

Then you should be able to easily set one of the clips as your default ringtone after tapping the button on the right on the HTC Today screen, and if you can't find that, go to Settings on the start menu and you'll be able to set it from either the "Phone" settings on the "Personal" tab, or from the "Notifications" tab inside "Sounds & Notifications" settings (also on the "Personal" tab).

You can also change your voicemail, new text message, etc. sounds from this tab - to create your own, save your short clips in WAV format and transfer them to "\My Device\Windows\".

If you got duped into downloading all your music through DRM-locked sources such as iTunes..... I'm sorry... *chuckle*

-Trog
4  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 15 2008, 2:12 PM EST
If you happened to download all your music from a DRM-Locked source such as iTunes, Search for a DRM packager, Sony Ericsson makes one. YW! at least I was helpful in letting those unfortunate enough to have drm-locked music, checking into things is a beautiful thing. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 22 2008, 10:01 AM EST
"How do you download ringtones to this phone? Where is the sprint vision to do so...I just got the phone a day ago."
did you try http://makeownringtone.com ? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 17 2008, 8:42 AM EST
How about http://www.myxertones.com/ you can send your ringtones as a text, has somebody tried this? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 23 2008, 11:55 PM EST
myxertones.com didnt work for me all my mp3s i put on the phone if i try to use them for new text message it wont stop playing till the song goes to the end so if i get more than one text in like 4 min it freaks out! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)