• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Anyone having BT problems regularly???

Keyword tags: Bluetooth BT Connectivity
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

bimerguy

bimerguy
Anyone having BT problems regularly???
Nov 14 2007, 7:49 AM EST
I am researching the alltell PPC6800 to buy this week and heard that the BT feature is a known problem with reliability of BT connectivity.

Having not bought it yet, I wondered if you the Alltel users have this BT probelm and if so how old/new is your 6800? And what would you say the BT reliability has been for your Alltel 6800.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
kdinkins69

kdinkins69
RE: Anyone having BT problems regularly???
Nov 23 2007, 11:57 AM EST
yes having problem with the bluetooth, i already have one and now i am stuck with it. Do you find this valuable?    
bimerguy

bimerguy
Nov 23 2007, 1:12 PM EST
"yes having problem with the bluetooth, i already have one and now i am stuck with it."
Sorry to hear that, I've asked alot of people before I bought the HTC 6800 and decided to buy it based on the average person NOT having problems. I spoke to Alltel several different Tech support persons that have the phone for months and others in my local area and found it to be an uncommon problem on the Alltel 6800 but I have yet to get the one I want yet.

Can you exchange it for another just to see if it is brand related or just a defective unit?

Good Luck.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 23 2007, 6:32 PM EST
I have a Bell HTC6800 and had issues with the BT quality and volume. I tried 3 differant BT and have settled on th Plantronics top model costing me $200.00 at Best Buy I also played with volume settings in regedit and have it working satisfactory now. Do you find this valuable?    
kdinkins69

kdinkins69
Nov 24 2007, 8:38 AM EST
Bimerguy, have you been using the bluetooth earpiece with your and if so what kind do you have? maybe i can get the same type of headset you have to make it work and yes i have changed of the phone and i'm going to try to change it for another one today. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
bimerguy

bimerguy
RE: My BT recommendations and likes/dislikes with 6800.
Jan 5 2008, 10:47 AM EST
"Bimerguy, have you been using the bluetooth earpiece with your and if so what kind do you have? maybe i can get the same type of headset you have to make it work and yes i have changed of the phone and i'm going to try to change it for another one today."
I have been using the Best Stereo BT from Plantronics Model 855 ($71, new. I can give the contact link/name for this price I found online) for 1 month now and It's very good so far. I've found a few particularities that are associated with the BT connection but know the exact work arounds through trial and error and now they are a very minor issue IF they even occur.

I did try the Sony-Erricson stereo headset HTH970(I think that's the model) and it was good too but required a hanging neck lanyard to have the stereo earpieces and controls and just more combersome for work-outs or just stero BT use.

This BT headset by Plantronics 855 is the "in-ear" type which I prefer over the flat "earbuds". These "in-Ear" seal-off the outside sound and much more comfortable to me.

By the way, I have noticed that the 6800 does lockup most of the time that when the BT headset is Turned-Off 1st so I now de-activate the BT connection on the phone 1st( 2-button presses) and then turn-off the BT headset and all is good.

Another plus that I like and use is the stereo BT headset for MP3 player and it controls volume, next track, mute/pause and with Microsoft Voice Command 1.6 the annoucements of any caller ID's or notfications/reminders in BT headset are heard w/o looking at the phone.
cravinmild

cravinmild
RE: My BT recommendations and likes/dislikes with 6800.
Jan 7 2008, 10:06 AM EST
I also have found that the problem will occur when the bt unit is shut off first or while using bt buttons ie pause music and start again. The bt unit also has problems when left for a few moments on pause. Never had a problem with taking calls(with volume down for a clear call). Do you find this valuable?    
dvr666
dvr666
Jan 7 2008, 11:45 AM EST
SKIP THIS PHONE, BT does not stay connected when you close a phone call with the button on the BT~!! AND BT EATS BATTERY LIFE! 65% DIFFERENCE BAT TIME
I recv'd one as a gift, the following recommendations to this phone are:
1. DO NOT UPGRADE TO WINDOWS MOBILE 6, cannot use older PPC prgms and the phn causes problems with the cmptr itself and once you upgrade, you cannot go back
2. The speaker phone, to put it mildly, SUCKS! Especially in a car or any semi loud enviorments
3. If you have big hands, you have to use a stylist to work the phn and the keyboard, a waste, buttons to close to use easily
4. Constantly having problems with the phn not being able to activate with the side button
5. Voice activation, doesn't, if you rec in a car, won't work in office and visa versa
6. Cannot deactivate or change prgming for all of the phone buttons, only some of them
7. PPC doesn't work with PPC pgrm's, example Super Calendar does not work with the touch screen Calendar, goes into MS Calendar
8. Screen Brightness in sunlight, no exsistant
9. No Auto Brightness Control
10. Ringer phn vol is extremely poor, especially if in holster or your pocket, purse, etc.
11. MY RECOMMENDATION, DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE, YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY, AS OF THIS STATEMENT, I am going back to a older model Motorola E815 and a HP PDA.

One more point, as a phn, it is not. You cannot use the touch scrn with your hand, the numbers are to close together, if you try to dial the phn with your hand & do hit the keys right, the reaction time of your hitting the key and the recognition of input is so slow the phn cannot keep up with the input, plus the corresponding sound is about 2 sec behind the input. There are so many more fault with this phn, but these should turn you off to this phn. This phn is someone's idea of having to get a product out to pay for the cost to change and have us buy the updated version
danlinks

danlinks
PPC6800 is JUNK - RE: Anyone having BT problems regularly???
Jan 8 2008, 7:28 PM EST
I have to say that this write up is mostly correct according to my experience:
1) I upgraded to 6 to fix blue tooth problems, which it did not.
2) Speaker phone is just okay, I use it, but is shouldn't be the reason that you buy the phone for.
3) Correct, I have same issues and I don't have big fingers
4) Phone locks up A LOT, sometimes multiple times a day, from what I can see caused by the bluetooth, the main reason for the phone
5) I don't like the voice activation, SAMSUNG is FANTASTIC
6) Don't know about this
7) Don't know about this, it works great for what I need it for, MS Outlook (with Mobile 6 only), iSilo, a reader program, and Adobe reader
8) Correct, can't see the screen
9) It switches between brightness settings between battery mode and power, don't know what you are experiencing here.
10) True, but I am over 50
11) Look at the iPhone after February when the code becomes public

Anonymous
RE: PPC6800 is JUNK - Anyone having BT problems regularly???
Jan 8 2008, 8:13 PM EST
No AUTOMATIC BRIGHTNESS CONTROL, go from inside a building to outside, the screen does not automatically change to higher brightness and same if your using it outside and go back into a building, it should dim, my HP PDA does this.

The ringer is poor, not loud enough in a car, stereo playing at a Normal Volume, even so my Razer is heard when the music is loud. Dale
rhales

rhales
Jan 10 2008, 9:58 AM EST
I got my first Alltel PPC 6800 about 10 days ago. I loaded our corporate Exchange software, GOOD LINK, and inserted my SD card, and paired my bluetooth headset as well as bluetooth in my car. Immediately, my phone would freeze and become unresponsive. I had to perform a soft reset to bring it back to life. I traded the phone in for a new PPC 6800 this past Monday. DId nothing except pair my bluetooth headset with it right oout of the box, Plantronics 855, and I am having the very same issue. The backlight will not come on and the phone becomes unresponsive. Is there a firmware update or a patch or anything that will allow me to use bluetooth with this phone? I certainly don't want to have to perform a soft reset each time I need to make a call, check my email or send a text message! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 10 2008, 10:11 AM EST
Welcome to the crowd. Take it back and get your money back. Se my previous responses. I've gotten rid of the phn. Dale Do you find this valuable?    
danlinks

danlinks
Jan 10 2008, 12:58 PM EST
I just copied what I put on the other forum listed below. I finally found the HTC email address and started complaining .

Send them a message like I did - [email protected]

Mine locks up almost ALL THE TIME whether I am near, less that 3' between the headset and the phone. I have expensive head sets, 3 different types of Motorolas, the H500, H700 and HT820 and the all fail. They work FANTASTIC with Samsung (the u540), which is superior in ALL aspects of bluetooth operation, voice recognition (super easy), music playback (really easy). The 6800 with all it's capability should be better, but IT ISN'T EVEN close in these areas. I am working with Alltel DAILY to remedy this, complaining every chance I get. I recommend the rest of you do too.
danlinks

danlinks
Jan 11 2008, 9:48 AM EST
HTC refuses to help with the issue, even though it is THEIR problem, and puts everything on Alltel. I cannot recommend a company's product when they defer to my cellular provider. Below is their email response:

To: danlinks
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:42:56 PM
Subject: Re: HELP, I need bluetooth to work on my Alltel PPC6800 <<#7321-13821#>>

Hello Dan Links,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Bluetooth issues on your Alltel PPC 6800.

Dan, as Alltel has opted to provide all technical support for its customers, we will have to refer you to Alltel for resolution for your issue with Bluetooth connectivity. We regret that we are unable to assist you with your issue.

I hope we have answered your question in detail. Feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

HTC Technical Support

http://www.america.htc.com
http://htcwiki.com
http://www.cingular.com/support/
rhales

rhales
Jan 11 2008, 10:16 AM EST
That is crap! Here is the response I got from my Alltel rep last evening.
"HTC is aware of the Bluetooth situation with this device. They are working on a patch. There is no ETA as to when it will be available."
So, I have a pretty costly device, that is suppose to support bluetooth connectivity...and it does, as long as you don't actually need to use it. Amazing. I will return this device immediately and may go back to a Treo 700wx or look at a Motorola Q. This is just crazy!

Anonymous
Feb 24 2008, 12:28 AM EST
I am unable to pair my BT Motorola H700. Very frustrating. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 24 2008, 12:34 PM EST
ALL THE TIME! IF YOU HANG UP WITH BT, THE HEADSET IS NO LONGER RECOGNIZED! Do Not Buy This Phone! I was given one for xmas, had I had the receipt, I would have returned it. There are many other problems with this phone see my previous writeup. I would not ever buy this phone! Also, the BT eats your battery at a rediculous rate, you will have to charge daily, even if you don't talk. Do you find this valuable?    
dvr666
dvr666
Feb 24 2008, 2:39 PM EST
ALL THE TIME! IF YOU HANG UP WITH BT, THE HEADSET IS NO LONGER RECOGNIZED! Do Not Buy This Phone! I was given one for xmas, had I had the receipt, I would have returned it. There are many other problems with this phone see my previous writeup. I would not ever buy this phone! Also, the BT eats your battery at a rediculous rate, you will have to charge daily, even if you don't talk. And pairing the BT to the M700, damn near impossible to do and maintain. Several times to pair and as I said in a previously above Jan 7 08, if you terminate a call with the BT, it will not be recognized again until you reboot!

Anonymous
Feb 25 2008, 10:53 PM EST
the 'Q' is not great with bt either and has other quirks. am looking to change my q. motorola S9 stereo bluetooth headset is very funky at the least. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)