• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Text MessagesThis is a featured thread

Renagade313

Renagade313
Text Messages
Nov 26 2007, 3:16 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2007, 3:16 PM EST
Is there a way to save text messages off of the 8525? I'm about to upgrade to WM6 and wanted to see if I could..
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
1. RE: Text Messages
Nov 26 2007, 4:41 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2007, 4:41 PM EST
You could save it to your SIM card, but that's not very helpful in my opinion. The only other way I know of is to copy and paste it into a Word document and save it on the MicroSD card.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
2. RE: Text Messages
Nov 29 2007, 5:02 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2007, 5:02 PM EST
Jeyo Mobile Extender will sync it with outlook. Commercial Product.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: Text Messages
Dec 5 2007, 4:08 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2007, 4:08 AM EST
how do you copy and paste a text message. I woudl use teh cntrl c option but cntrl v doe snot work in to teh word doc.
Rainman76
Rainman76
4. RE: Text Messages
Dec 5 2007, 8:28 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2007, 8:28 PM EST
"how do you copy and paste a text message. I woudl use teh cntrl c option but cntrl v doe snot work in to teh word doc."
In Windows Mobile you need to highlight the portion you want to copy. Then with your finger or stylus, press down on the text you highlighted. A sub menu should come up and give you the option to copy. Then you can open up Word Mobile and open a new document. In there, again, press and hold on the screen with your finger or stylus until you get the same pop up window and you will have the option to paste.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
5. RE: Text Messages
Dec 21 2007, 1:07 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2007, 1:07 PM EST
"You could save it to your SIM card, but that's not very helpful in my opinion. The only other way I know of is to copy and paste it into a Word document and save it on the MicroSD card. "
HOw do you copy and paste a text message. When I am defining the message, trhe menu does not have an option to copy
Rainman76
Rainman76
6. RE: Text Messages
Dec 21 2007, 3:29 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2007, 3:29 PM EST
"HOw do you copy and paste a text message. When I am defining the message, trhe menu does not have an option to copy"
I described the steps in the post above yours.

Anonymous
7. RE: Text Messages
May 13 2008, 8:07 PM EDT | Post edited: May 13 2008, 8:07 PM EDT
"You could save it to your SIM card, but that's not very helpful in my opinion. The only other way I know of is to copy and paste it into a Word document and save it on the MicroSD card. "
How do you save a text message to your SIM?
buick14

buick14
8. RE: Text Messages
Dec 22 2008, 11:51 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2008, 11:51 AM EST
This is very good. Do you know what the filename is where the text messages are stored on the phone? Can that file be copied to the PC as part of File Exploring with Active Sync?
Even if the file could be found & copied to the PC, is there any way to open it there. I'm dealing with 500 messages -- yes, I know, time to delete............
f320

f320
9. RE: Text Messages
Feb 1 2009, 2:20 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 1 2009, 2:20 PM EST
i have a 8525 smart phone which i unlock an now using it with t-mobile i can't recieve picture messages is there something that can be done to fix this.
piper18
piper18
10. RE: Text Messages
Feb 1 2009, 3:36 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 1 2009, 3:36 PM EST
"This is very good. Do you know what the filename is where the text messages are stored on the phone? Can that file be copied to the PC as part of File Exploring with Active Sync?
Even if the file could be found & copied to the PC, is there any way to open it there. I'm dealing with 500 messages -- yes, I know, time to delete............"
On my Touch Pro the text messages are stored in /Windows/Messaging

The Messaging folder has a folder in it for attachments also so if you copy the entire Messaging folder you should get it all.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)