• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

problem with screen

Keyword tags: None
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Cisco3808

Cisco3808
problem with screen
Aug 1 2007, 3:44 PM EDT
hello everyone, i just recieved the mogul which i bought brand new. it sarted up once and then froze, a did a soft reset and after that the screen didn't want to work. i left it charging over night, i tried a soft reset, and even took out the battery but still nothing. my only choice is to send it back but i was wondering if this was an easy fix? any info would be appreciated. thanks. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: problem with screen
Aug 1 2007, 4:52 PM EDT
Have you tried doing a Hard Reset on the device (press and hold the left and right soft key while performing a soft reset, if you are successful, you will get a message that asks you to confirm the Hard Reset). Be sure to let the customization process complete after the hard reset. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Cisco3808

Cisco3808
Aug 1 2007, 5:50 PM EDT
"Have you tried doing a Hard Reset on the device (press and hold the left and right soft key while performing a soft reset, if you are successful, you will get a message that asks you to confirm the Hard Reset). Be sure to let the customization process complete after the hard reset."
yes i've tried the hard reset but unfortunately the screen is blank so i cant see the message. i hear the chime and the only thing i can do is press the ok button. other than that i'm flying blind. thanks for the help Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
UnrealCity

UnrealCity
Sep 13 2007, 2:57 PM EDT
I've also had problems with the video on the Mogul. My screen started going scrambled, and I couldn't even turn it off without taking the battery out. Already sent it back for repairs; we'll see how they handle it. Sprint is handing off repairs to another company--I think it's third-party, but I don't know for sure. I'll report back on the results. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Navigation
Top Contributors