• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: htc touch pro

Watch
techncft

techncft
htc touch pro
Jan 9 2009, 9:15 AM EST
When I plug in my HTC touch pro USB cable to a PC that I did not install the Hot Sync Software on, I get a Windows Vista prompt to search for a "Generic RNDIS" driver and phone as modem will not work. This does not happen on the PC in which I did install the Hot Sync Software on and phone as modem will work there. Is there a way I can get this to work on my second pc without installing the Hot Sync software?
Thanks
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
RE: htc touch pro
Jan 9 2009, 10:14 AM EST
"When I plug in my HTC touch pro USB cable to a PC that I did not install the Hot Sync Software on, I get a Windows Vista prompt to search for a "Generic RNDIS" driver and phone as modem will not work. This does not happen on the PC in which I did install the Hot Sync Software on and phone as modem will work there. Is there a way I can get this to work on my second pc without installing the Hot Sync software?
Thanks
"
Why ? You want it to work right ? Why not just install Windows Mobile Device Center.? Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: htc touch pro
Tuesday, 6:30 PM EST
"When I plug in my HTC touch pro USB cable to a PC that I did not install the Hot Sync Software on, I get a Windows Vista prompt to search for a "Generic RNDIS" driver and phone as modem will not work. This does not happen on the PC in which I did install the Hot Sync Software on and phone as modem will work there. Is there a way I can get this to work on my second pc without installing the Hot Sync software?
Thanks
"
Change your USB to PC Settings while connected to your PC; this should make your PC install new hardware.
What are you trying to do?
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors