• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: problems synchronising htc touch cruise to windows vistaThis is a featured thread

BartJanssens

BartJanssens
problems synchronising htc touch cruise to windows vista
Jan 14 2009, 9:01 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2009, 9:01 AM EST
Hi,

can anyone help me with this urgent problem: my windows vista (32bits, Mobile Device installed and upgraded) does not reconize when i connect my htc to it. I want to connect for synchronising, but he doesn't even reconize it al a device.
Questions:
- do i need to install a special steeringprogram on my Vista? If so, where can i find it?
- i already turned down the advanced networkfunctionality (ok, if not correct, sorry, is translation from dutch :-))
- most urgent is to transport my contacts from my device, is there a easy way to do so? It are quite a lot of contacts :(

Thanx
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: problems synchronising htc touch cruise to windows vista
Jan 14 2009, 9:28 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2009, 9:28 AM EST
"Hi,

can anyone help me with this urgent problem: my windows vista (32bits, Mobile Device installed and upgraded) does not reconize when i connect my htc to it. I want to connect for synchronising, but he doesn't even reconize it al a device.
Questions:
- do i need to install a special steeringprogram on my Vista? If so, where can i find it?
- i already turned down the advanced networkfunctionality (ok, if not correct, sorry, is translation from dutch :-))
- most urgent is to transport my contacts from my device, is there a easy way to do so? It are quite a lot of contacts :(

Thanx"
You shouldnt need any other software other than the Windows Mobile Device Center to sync your device with Vista.

When you plug your device in (USB) to your PC, does your PC see it (verify in Device Manager)?
Have you ruled out the firewall and anti-virus software on your PC (sometimes you need to enter exceptions)?
Have you tried a different USB port on your PC?
Have you ensured that you have "Allow USB Connections" selected in the connection settings within Windows Mobile Device Center?
Have you tried soft resetting your device while attached to your PC?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
BartJanssens

BartJanssens
2. RE: problems synchronising htc touch cruise to windows vista
Jan 14 2009, 9:39 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2009, 9:39 AM EST
"You shouldnt need any other software other than the Windows Mobile Device Center to sync your device with Vista.

When you plug your device in (USB) to your PC, does your PC see it (verify in Device Manager)?
Have you ruled out the firewall and anti-virus software on your PC (sometimes you need to enter exceptions)?
Have you ensured that you have "Allow USB Connections" selected in the connection settings within Windows Mobile Device Center?
"
When plugging in, he says that he does not reconize the USB-device.
I did ruled out the firewall and windows defender (have not yet installed any other anti-virus software)
I tried every USB-port :-s
Allow USB connections: i tried selected and unselected
Did try a soft reset (not yet a hard reset for then i loose all my contacts...)

:-(
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
kalatababy

kalatababy
3. RE: problems synchronising htc touch cruise to windows vista
Feb 1 2009, 11:08 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 1 2009, 11:08 AM EST
"You shouldnt need any other software other than the Windows Mobile Device Center to sync your device with Vista.

"
I disagree when i bought mine i had a disk with a software designed for Vista and i had problems until i installed it. The disk was in the box with the phone and the other stuff.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)