• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: AT&T Fuze ActiveSync keeps opening

Watch
scantrell

scantrell
AT&T Fuze ActiveSync keeps opening
Dec 15 2008, 1:19 PM EST
Does anyone know how to stop this? No matter how many times I close the app in the Task Manager, it keeps popping up. I would like to close it and keep it closed until I perform a sync.

Thanks!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
RE: AT&T Fuze ActiveSync keeps opening
Dec 15 2008, 1:24 PM EST
"Does anyone know how to stop this? No matter how many times I close the app in the Task Manager, it keeps popping up. I would like to close it and keep it closed until I perform a sync.

Thanks!
"
Go to your messaging options and see what you have your " check email " option to. When I set up push email, it push email to my phone by constantly being connected. It was killing my battery, so I had to go back to " check every hour. " Do you find this valuable?    
scantrell

scantrell
Dec 15 2008, 1:27 PM EST
"Go to your messaging options and see what you have your " check email " option to. When I set up push email, it push email to my phone by constantly being connected. It was killing my battery, so I had to go back to " check every hour. ""
I have everything set on 'manual' :(
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Dec 15 2008, 7:15 PM EST
There would appear to be some setting or piece of software that is requiring activesnc to be active. Does your phone keep connecting to media net or just opens active sync.

Have you soft reset it ?
scantrell

scantrell
Dec 16 2008, 10:13 AM EST
It just opens ActiveSync.... constantly!!!
scantrell

scantrell
Dec 16 2008, 10:16 AM EST
If I'm using Vista's Mobile Center, should I even have ActiveSync on my phone? (I didn't put it there.) Or is it just the extension of the Windows Mobile Center from my PC? Do you find this valuable?    
scantrell

scantrell
Dec 16 2008, 10:17 AM EST
Sorry, didn't see your other question. I have done many Soft Resets. Do you find this valuable?    
cerec
cerec
Dec 19 2008, 3:08 PM EST
"Does anyone know how to stop this? No matter how many times I close the app in the Task Manager, it keeps popping up. I would like to close it and keep it closed until I perform a sync.

Thanks!
"
Same with the TILT. I have to keep closing ActiveSybc every time I turned on the phone Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 23 2008, 12:45 PM EST
I am having a similar problem. Mine just constantly connects to media net. I don't even have my email setup on the phone and it still is always connecting to media net every 2 or 3 minutes. I have done soft and hard resets. Any suggestions as to what is causing this? Do you find this valuable?    
cerec
cerec
Dec 23 2008, 1:33 PM EST
"I am having a similar problem. Mine just constantly connects to media net. I don't even have my email setup on the phone and it still is always connecting to media net every 2 or 3 minutes. I have done soft and hard resets. Any suggestions as to what is causing this?"
The reason is probably that AT&T wants you to pay for the media connecting kb. If you have a $30 media plan it doesn't matter but it you don't have one you get a bill each month for the kb transfered between your phone and AT&T. This happened to me when no media plan was in my account. Am still looking for a solution Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 23 2008, 2:42 PM EST
"The reason is probably that AT&T wants you to pay for the media connecting kb. If you have a $30 media plan it doesn't matter but it you don't have one you get a bill each month for the kb transfered between your phone and AT&T. This happened to me when no media plan was in my account. Am still looking for a solution"
I work for AT&T so I have unlimited everything so I know it isn't that. I just wanted to know if this was a common problem and if there was some feature or program that was trying to fetch data every few minutes. Do you find this valuable?    
cerec
cerec
Dec 23 2008, 3:59 PM EST
"I work for AT&T so I have unlimited everything so I know it isn't that. I just wanted to know if this was a common problem and if there was some feature or program that was trying to fetch data every few minutes."
I closed all applications. I disconnected from the media. I tried everything to avoid this pesky problem and still next time i look at the screen there it is! I set the sync to be done only manually and not automatic when last comunicated with the computer. Nobody in AT&T has an idea what causes this app to keep appearing in the TILT (not in the FUZE) . HTC was of not help either Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 23 2008, 6:38 PM EST
"I closed all applications. I disconnected from the media. I tried everything to avoid this pesky problem and still next time i look at the screen there it is! I set the sync to be done only manually and not automatic when last comunicated with the computer. Nobody in AT&T has an idea what causes this app to keep appearing in the TILT (not in the FUZE) . HTC was of not help either"
I think I may have fixed the problem. All I did was hooked it up to my PC and home and ran ActiveSync and that seems to have take care of it. I don't know if it is permanent, but we will see. Do you find this valuable?    
WendyKellyBudd
WendyKellyBudd
Dec 23 2008, 10:54 PM EST
"The reason is probably that AT&T wants you to pay for the media connecting kb. If you have a $30 media plan it doesn't matter but it you don't have one you get a bill each month for the kb transfered between your phone and AT&T. This happened to me when no media plan was in my account. Am still looking for a solution"
hi,
I'm having the same problem. I currently have the data plan, but I'm going to cancel it because of poor reception. I use wifi and if the phone is in an area where it can't see the wifi, it reverts to MEdia.net! Even though I have turned off the data connection. This is frustrating and scary due to data charges. Folks over at AT&T's forum have referred me to NoData, a free utility: http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-software/246171/new-free-utility-nodata/

About the ActiveSync, my Fuze keeps opening up this app. It's constantly in the Task Mgr, even though I close it every time I see it open. I don't have email set to automatically load, nor do I have the Weather to auto load. Does the ActiveSync drain the battery?

Anonymous
Dec 26 2008, 3:26 PM EST
"I think I may have fixed the problem. All I did was hooked it up to my PC and home and ran ActiveSync and that seems to have take care of it. I don't know if it is permanent, but we will see."
Nevermind on that fix. The same thing keeps happening. I was stupid and shut my phone off and turned it back on the problem keeps happening. Maybe if enough people complain to HTC they will resolve this issue through some sort of an update. Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Dec 26 2008, 4:44 PM EST
"Nevermind on that fix. The same thing keeps happening. I was stupid and shut my phone off and turned it back on the problem keeps happening. Maybe if enough people complain to HTC they will resolve this issue through some sort of an update."
Some people say that it is the clock, constantly updating itself using active sync and that if you shut off the adjust for daylight savings , it will stop activesync. But not all phones have this setting and it did not work for me. Do you find this valuable?    
boireaul
boireaul
Yesterday, 8:05 AM EST
"I work for AT&T so I have unlimited everything so I know it isn't that. I just wanted to know if this was a common problem and if there was some feature or program that was trying to fetch data every few minutes."
No, i don't think it is AT&T related. I am Orange connected and i have a similar problem, two things:
1 Automatic phone connection, no way to choose to connect or not once you have selected your network in the 'Connexion' > 'Select networks' > 'Network management' tab. Just set a not available network. (My home Wifi)
2 When plugged to the PC, Activesync is running synchronisation all the time and i have not found any way to even cancel the bips, but turning off the sounds. Then Activesync remains loaded in phone memory.
As usual, i think that Bill is too blame but HTC should fix it too for its customers !
cerec
cerec
Yesterday, 12:29 PM EST
"..... Activesync is running synchronisation all the time..........."
Not only affects the phone but also the PC. The PC ActiveSync is always running since startup. I tried to remove it but next time I boot it is there again. I would prefer to manually run this program instead of having it to sense the phone when connected. This is one more item slowing down PCs. Therefore the problem is also in WM6. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors