• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Fuze Radio ReceptionThis is a featured thread

Showing 7 posts

Posted Anonymously
HTC Fuze Radio Reception
Dec 31 2008, 11:50 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 31 2008, 11:50 AM EST
Having used the HTC 8525 Hermes for two years, I've been used to having good signal strength on 3G, Edge, and GPRS towers. In my office here at AT&T I've typically gotten three or four bars on the meter via the 8525. Last week I upgraded to the Fuze, AT&T's version of the Raphael, and have noticed that the signal strength is noticeably weaker. In the office I now only get two bars instead of three or four. A colleague using an iPhone gets five bars. Another colleague gets four on his Samsung Epix. Around Oklahoma City I find the device constantly switching from the Edge network to 3G, ostensibly reducing the battery life of the device as it hunts for towers.

If anyone at HTC reads this wiki, I hope your company is working on an improved radio stack that works better than the one I've got on my phone right now (1.02.25.32). The Fuze feels like a step backwards from the 8525 in terms of signal retention.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: 3g battery life edge Fuze

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: HTC Fuze Radio Reception
Jan 3 2009, 2:44 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 3 2009, 2:44 PM EST
I am experiencing the same type of comparible problem. My Eternity is getting ALL BARS and the Fuze is getting 1 - 2 bars. When I start it the phone goes to the Edge Network with ALL BARS then eventually switches to 3G and 1 - 2 bars. When signal strength fails completely it starts switching back and forth between the Edge and 3G. Do you find this valuable?    

jackmojo
2. RE: HTC Fuze Radio Reception
Jan 7 2009, 7:11 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 7 2009, 7:11 PM EST
Supposedly there is an issue with certain SIM cards see this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=460234
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

LightSpeeder
3. RE: HTC Fuze Radio Reception
Jan 16 2009, 4:11 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2009, 4:11 PM EST
"Supposedly there is an issue with certain SIM cards see this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=460234"
Thanks a ton for the XDA post info. I'll check it out. Do you find this valuable?    

hualone
4. RE: HTC Fuze Radio Reception
Feb 21 2009, 1:55 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 21 2009, 1:55 AM EST
"Having used the HTC 8525 Hermes for two years, I've been used to having good signal strength on 3G, Edge, and GPRS towers. In my office here at AT&T I've typically gotten three or four bars on the meter via the 8525. Last week I upgraded to the Fuze, AT&T's version of the Raphael, and have noticed that the signal strength is noticeably weaker. In the office I now only get two bars instead of three or four. A colleague using an iPhone gets five bars. Another colleague gets four on his Samsung Epix. Around Oklahoma City I find the device constantly switching from the Edge network to 3G, ostensibly reducing the battery life of the device as it hunts for towers.

If anyone at HTC reads this wiki, I hope your company is working on an improved radio stack that works better than the one I've got on my phone right now (1.02.25.32). The Fuze feels like a step backwards from the 8525 in terms of signal retention."
Just got a Fuze and I'm seeing the same problem. My old Tilt is solid 3G but this Fuze keeps dropping to E and sometimes G networks and seems to be constantly hunting for a signal. I find this shocking that HTC would introduce an new flagship phone that can't do the basics. Do you find this valuable?    
RyderWifee
RyderWifee
5. RE: HTC Fuze Radio Reception
Feb 21 2009, 3:10 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 21 2009, 3:10 AM EST
my fuze stays in the 3 bar range and on 3G network rarely does it drop down to E. Do you find this valuable?    
ryanshores
ryanshores
6. RE: HTC Fuze Radio Reception
Feb 21 2009, 9:54 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 21 2009, 9:54 AM EST
"my fuze stays in the 3 bar range and on 3G network rarely does it drop down to E."
well i really dont care bout what network i am on b/c i dont use the internet on my fuze but i have found that when i talk to ppl on the phone for more that about 5 min my phone switches to the g network, but when ido use the conection like for picture messages it does switch back to a higher network Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)