• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Fuze emailThis is a featured thread

rkh3

rkh3
Fuze email
Dec 19 2008, 6:14 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 19 2008, 6:14 PM EST
I may have already posted this, if so forgive me. Randomly, the screen freezes on emails, pressing the envelope or inbox and email will not open, a soft reboot cures it for the time being. I have done a wipe, to no avail.
The HTC rep told me there might be a confict between my Outlook email (exchange server via activesync) and my pop account, so I deleted the pop account. Now I'll wait to see if it happens again. BYW, I on my second phone, as issue.
Has anyone experianced this?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
1. RE: Fuze email
Dec 31 2008, 7:33 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 31 2008, 7:33 PM EST
"I may have already posted this, if so forgive me. Randomly, the screen freezes on emails, pressing the envelope or inbox and email will not open, a soft reboot cures it for the time being. I have done a wipe, to no avail.
The HTC rep told me there might be a confict between my Outlook email (exchange server via activesync) and my pop account, so I deleted the pop account. Now I'll wait to see if it happens again. BYW, I on my second phone, as issue.
Has anyone experianced this?"
I'm having the same issue with my Fuze. Got my Fuze on Dec 20 and couple days later I press the inbox and can't get into the email inbox. Same thing with the Text message, press the all messages link and it won't open. All the other applications work fine. I've done reset and it works for about a day and then do the same thing. I'm really considering returning phone to get the iphone.
mh2045

mh2045
2. RE: Fuze email
Jan 24 2009, 11:47 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 11:47 AM EST
I've experienced the same thing with two FUZE's. I also was using both a POP account and an Exchange account when the issue occurred.
Markrkan
Markrkan
3. RE: Fuze email
Feb 14 2009, 10:47 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 14 2009, 10:47 PM EST
"I've experienced the same thing with two FUZE's. I also was using both a POP account and an Exchange account when the issue occurred. "
I am having the problem too. It has gotten worse over the past week or so.

Also, just wondering if anyone has an issue with activesync changing their download schedule settings? I keep it set on manual during off peak hours (you cannot set it to sync for any more than 4 hours so it buzzes in the middle of the night if set otherwise... but that is another subject). The phone has the tendency to change my peak schedule to manual by itself as well.
RyderWifee
RyderWifee
4. RE: Fuze email
Feb 22 2009, 8:11 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 22 2009, 8:11 PM EST
i set all of my sync settings to manual so that it syncs when i want it to
bigdo1

bigdo1
5. RE: Fuze email
May 19 2009, 10:39 PM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2009, 10:39 PM EDT
I have the same problem, and a similar problem with text messaging. Has deleting the POP account resovled the issue?
mh2045

mh2045
6. RE: Fuze email
May 20 2009, 12:51 AM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2009, 12:51 AM EDT
Hard to say. I tried deleting it, but the problem was pretty sporadic to begin with so I eventually added it back. after a week or so.
bigdo1

bigdo1
7. RE: Fuze email
May 20 2009, 10:47 AM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2009, 10:47 AM EDT
I had three pop accounts along with my Exchange account. I deleted two of the pop accounts. Seems OK now - it hasn't locked up yet, and it happened three times yesterday before removing the POP accounts. I also set the POP account to check for mail once an hour - previously, it was set to check every 5 minutes. Will see how it goes - I'll think I'll add another POP account back in a few days and observe.
bigdo1

bigdo1
8. RE: Fuze email
May 20 2009, 11:18 AM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2009, 11:18 AM EDT
Crud - no joy - it happened again. I've not configured my POP account for manual mail retrieval. Will see how that goes... My thought is that this should work [very frustrated]...
EdwardMeyer
EdwardMeyer
9. RE: Fuze email
May 22 2009, 1:16 PM EDT | Post edited: May 22 2009, 1:16 PM EDT
"I may have already posted this, if so forgive me. Randomly, the screen freezes on emails, pressing the envelope or inbox and email will not open, a soft reboot cures it for the time being. I have done a wipe, to no avail.
Has anyone experianced this?"
We have four HTC Fuze's using ActiveSync and texting there have been no problems whatsoever with these Fuze's and we are extremely active at least one hundred emails per day.
ActiveSync is set to continous. Exchange only sends a heartbeat signal of about one byte.
works great.
Using Exchange 2007 Enterprise running on W2K8 64x with ISA Server 2006 Enterprise running W2K3 32x bit
bigdo1

bigdo1
10. RE: Fuze email
May 22 2009, 1:36 PM EDT | Post edited: May 22 2009, 1:36 PM EDT
I set my pop account to retrieve manually - for two days now all is well. Not sure why there would be a confict with setting pop mail to retrieve at specific intervals while ActiveSync is set to continuous... Very strange!
Markrkan
Markrkan
11. RE: Fuze email
May 22 2009, 3:06 PM EDT | Post edited: May 22 2009, 3:06 PM EDT
"I set my pop account to retrieve manually - for two days now all is well. Not sure why there would be a confict with setting pop mail to retrieve at specific intervals while ActiveSync is set to continuous... Very strange!"
Wow, How convenient... sacrifice my POP schedule for my Exchange schedule!!!!

But I wonder if that is really the issue. It occurs so intermittently that I wonder whether what you did actually fixed the problem. The issue was happening on my phone again last week and I reset my schedule back to "as items arrive" and it has stopped for the last few days. But I am not convinced the issue has gone away. Time will tell I guess.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)