• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Fuze without data plan what features will i lose?This is a featured thread

Anonymous
Fuze without data plan what features will i lose?
Dec 26 2008, 8:06 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2008, 8:06 PM EST
every i go theres wifi (school home work)
will i be able to use -web browser -email -weather -messager with our data plan?

Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: fuze
denco7
denco7
1. RE: Fuze without data plan what features will i lose?
Dec 26 2008, 8:43 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2008, 8:43 PM EST
"every i go theres wifi (school home work)
will i be able to use -web browser -email -weather -messager with our data plan?

"
Everything that is normally downloaded to your phone, email, rss, auto weather updates , IM's ( unless you have a text package that includes AIM, MSN,) will now have to be updated online when you are in a wifi hotspot. In other words everything will have to be manually retrieved without a data plan.

Anonymous
2. RE: Fuze without data plan what features will i lose?
Dec 26 2008, 9:07 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2008, 9:07 PM EST
ok thanks i ma go buy it

Anonymous
3. RE: Fuze without data plan what features will i lose?
Dec 26 2008, 9:11 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2008, 9:11 PM EST
"Everything that is normally downloaded to your phone, email, rss, auto weather updates , IM's ( unless you have a text package that includes AIM, MSN,) will now have to be updated online when you are in a wifi hotspot. In other words everything will have to be manually retrieved without a data plan."
actually 1 more question as in "manually retrived" does it update alone when im in a hotspot? or do i have to manually log in for each Fuze feature?
denco7
denco7
4. RE: Fuze without data plan what features will i lose?
Dec 26 2008, 10:11 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2008, 10:11 PM EST
"actually 1 more question as in "manually retrived" does it update alone when im in a hotspot? or do i have to manually log in for each Fuze feature?"
Things like the weather tab, if that is set to automatically update on opening,just open it in a hotspot and it will update. Of course push email is out. If you have your email set to retrieve every hour ., you better have your data connection disabled or it will try to connect every hour whether you are in a hotspot or not. If you have it set to manual then, everytime you are in a hotspot you need to press send/receive.

Anonymous
5. RE: Fuze without data plan what features will i lose?
Dec 31 2008, 10:21 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 31 2008, 10:21 AM EST
"Everything that is normally downloaded to your phone, email, rss, auto weather updates , IM's ( unless you have a text package that includes AIM, MSN,) will now have to be updated online when you are in a wifi hotspot. In other words everything will have to be manually retrieved without a data plan."
Is there anything I need to set up for the internet connection? when I go to wifi hotspot, I can't connect to the internet, there is an error message pop up..........
denco7
denco7
6. RE: Fuze without data plan what features will i lose?
Dec 31 2008, 1:25 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 31 2008, 1:25 PM EST
"Is there anything I need to set up for the internet connection? when I go to wifi hotspot, I can't connect to the internet, there is an error message pop up.......... "
What message pops up? Go to your Comm. Manager, turn on wifi, go to settings and follow the set up ?

Anonymous
7. RE: Fuze without data plan what features will i lose?
Dec 31 2008, 3:13 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 31 2008, 3:13 PM EST
on your phone you should have hot spot go there log in your log in sould be your phone number and your password sould be the last four of your ss number thats what tmobile says ive done it and it works
fuze619

fuze619
8. RE: Fuze without data plan what features will i lose?
Jan 7 2009, 1:35 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 7 2009, 1:35 PM EST
"every i go theres wifi (school home work)

"
i have the fuze with unlimited texting(txt pics video) but no data plan..thinking that if the phone has wifi why do i need a data plan..turns out my bill comes out to 900 and they say its because of picture txt but i have unlimited txt. when u send pic txt its data connection(but i thought i had unlimited pic txt, i think this is because its a PDA phone), n they also told me something about wifi not being free and that i had gone over my minutes when i had 200 roll over minutes??? lol

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)