• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Touch (VOGU100) hard reset problem

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

browntown24

browntown24
HTC Touch (VOGU100) hard reset problem
Aug 23 2008, 9:42 PM EDT
Well, my brother got this Touch about 6-8 months ago, and never used it, so he handed it to me, the first few days were smooth, everything worked great.
So just yesterday, I decided to turn it off to save some battery energy because i needed a new number anyways. this morning i went to turn it on, and the hard reset message came up. Asked me if I was sure i wanted to delete everything and all that, press the enter button to continue, or the photo button to cancel. So i pressed the photo button, but it didnt work. So i was sitting here stuck, and decided to take the battery out. I waited 5 minutes or so and turned it back on, and it started up normally, my contacts were there and everything, but it wasnt the same.
The send and cancel buttons weren't responding, and the volume control wasn't responding either. Only thing i could use was the touch screen. But it would be nice to use the photo, send and cancel buttons. So i left it in this state for awhile, came back to it, and those buttons worked...once each.
I plugged it into my computer and it connected, but after 5 minutes, it disconnected on its own.
What is going on!?!?!

Oh, and everytime i turn it off, and on right away, the hard reset message is there, I pressed the enter button, and it did its thing, restarted, but the message came up again. Have no idea whats going on. I did add a couple songs and a few themes too, from when it was working.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: HTC Touch (VOGU100) hard reset problem
Aug 23 2008, 10:58 PM EDT
oh, it doesnt charge too, everytime i try to charge it the hard reset screen shows up again. Do you find this valuable?    
browntown24

browntown24
Aug 24 2008, 5:57 PM EDT
help pleeeeease Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 6 2008, 9:43 AM EDT
check the HTC.com site. they had more information on battery level effect. If you connect charger in stead of computer it may charge. (I am assuming or hoping that is your only problem) there appears to be be a setting to allow you to prevent it from charging of laptop battery power if you are connect directly to laptop for synch or orther data services. good luck Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors