• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Rogers wireless HTC touch windows 6.1??? (Canada)

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo

Watch

Anonymous
Rogers wireless HTC touch windows 6.1??? (Canada)
Aug 21 2008, 2:28 PM EDT
When will we get it? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Rogers wireless HTC touch windows 6.1??? (Canada)
Aug 22 2008, 2:32 PM EDT
I WISH IT WERE AVAILABLE TODAY! Do you find this valuable?    
sconnelly
sconnelly
Aug 24 2008, 2:37 AM EDT
I am wondering the same!

In fact, I noticed that Roger's is one of the few providers that doesn't offer any s/w upgrades on the HTC site.

WM 6.1 is available for the Sprint version of our phone (about the same as the Roger's HTC Touch).

It is an 80mb file downloadable from here: http://www.htc.com/us/support.aspx

Will it work on the Roger's phone? Unknown at this time. I will call Roger's tomorrow and check about their own upgrade before I experiment with the Sprint version.

1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 26 2008, 6:02 PM EDT
Yes, I'm wondering the same. Have you tried it yet? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 11 2008, 5:40 PM EDT
Has anyone found out more regarding 6.1 for rogers or tried upgrading to the sprint version? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 11 2008, 10:21 PM EDT
I called HTC and asked about it. She said the Sprint one won't work (not sure if they're telling the truth but I don't want to try it, in case) and that she doesn't know of any plans for Rogers to come out with an update. I don't feel like calling Rogers cuz it's always a gong show calling them and they never seem to know anything and a waste of my time. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 3 2009, 12:30 PM EST
"I called HTC and asked about it. She said the Sprint one won't work (not sure if they're telling the truth but I don't want to try it, in case) and that she doesn't know of any plans for Rogers to come out with an update. I don't feel like calling Rogers cuz it's always a gong show calling them and they never seem to know anything and a waste of my time."
Any news on a method of upgrading a Rogers HTC touch to 6.1? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 4 2009, 2:23 AM EST
"Any news on a method of upgrading a Rogers HTC touch to 6.1?"
Unfortunately, the Sprint upgrade did not work on my HTC. :-( I needed some key info from Rogers and they would not support me. %*%*^#!@!

I'm officially tired of Roger's and their poor after sales support. It seems that keep repeating their same 'never provide upgrades' attitude on all their phones.

For example, don't ever expect ROM upgrades for both the HTC Touch and the HTC Touch Diamond. Yet, as many of you know, most other telecomms are providing those essential updates. Why not Rogers? Because it cost money and they would rather just sell you on a new phone (w/ 3 year locked in contract) than extent the usability of your phone.

Anyway, this is just my opinion based on what I heard from an ex-Roger's employee.
Do you find this valuable?    
sconnelly
sconnelly
Jan 8 2009, 9:51 PM EST
Check out my latest posting about the ROM update for Roger's phones. Do you find this valuable?    
sconnelly
sconnelly
Jan 8 2009, 9:52 PM EST
"Check out my latest posting about the ROM update for Roger's phones."
Here it is: http://htcwiki.com/thread/2244194/Roger%27s+HTC+Touch+-+ROM+update! Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors