• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Closing ProgramsThis is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts

Posted Anonymously
Closing Programs
Jun 26 2008, 1:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 26 2008, 1:00 PM EDT
I've updated my phone. There is a setting on the Touch that allows you to close programs without using the manager program. I forgot how to set this on your phone. Can someone clue me in. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Closing Programs
Jun 26 2008, 2:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 26 2008, 2:02 PM EDT
"I've updated my phone. There is a setting on the Touch that allows you to close programs without using the manager program. I forgot how to set this on your phone. Can someone clue me in."
The feature that you are referring to is called Button and it is found on the Sprint Touch under Start>Settings> System Tab> Task Manager> Button Tab. This is where you set what happens in an application when the "X" is tapped. Do you find this valuable?    
boireaul
boireaul
2. RE: Closing Programs
Jan 15 2009, 5:30 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 15 2009, 5:30 AM EST
"The feature that you are referring to is called Button and it is found on the Sprint Touch under Start>Settings> System Tab> Task Manager> Button Tab. This is where you set what happens in an application when the "X" is tapped."
Yes but despite the text box label, it only minimize the programs and not close them from memory. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
3. RE: Closing Programs
Jan 15 2009, 1:26 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 15 2009, 1:26 PM EST
"Yes but despite the text box label, it only minimize the programs and not close them from memory."
Deprnds on what you set the button for (tap or tap and hold) and the action that you are taking. Do you find this valuable?    
boireaul
boireaul
4. RE: Closing Programs
Jan 16 2009, 7:07 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2009, 7:07 AM EST
Set to the only option found OK/Close ... but doesn't close, just minimize. Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
5. RE: Closing Programs
Jan 16 2009, 9:22 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2009, 9:22 AM EST
"Set to the only option found OK/Close ... but doesn't close, just minimize."
Are you sure ? Have you checked your task manager? My " X " closes not minimizes with a tap. Do you find this valuable?    
boireaul
boireaul
6. RE: Closing Programs
Jan 16 2009, 10:41 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2009, 10:41 AM EST
Yes as well, not the option with maintain the close button pressed to close programs.
(Sorry i have a French language one, i don't know the exact English formula)

I really don't understand why things are so unclear with this phone ... or i too better understand that's Microsoft !
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
7. RE: Closing Programs
Jan 16 2009, 10:49 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2009, 10:49 AM EST
"Yes as well, not the option with maintain the close button pressed to close programs.
(Sorry i have a French language one, i don't know the exact English formula)

I really don't understand why things are so unclear with this phone ... or i too better understand that's Microsoft !"
Go to Start>settings>system>task manager>button and set what you want the " X " button to do. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)