• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Incorrect number of unread emails in Today screen(HTC Tytn II+WM6.1)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

prembo

prembo
Incorrect number of unread emails in Today screen(HTC Tytn II+WM6.1)
Jul 28 2008, 3:19 AM EDT
Hi,

I just recently upgraded my HTC Tytn II from WM6.0 to WM6.1.

I have numerous email accounts set up:
- Work (POP3)
- Hotmail (MSN Live App - which integrates with "Messaging" app)
- Gmail (IMAP4)
- My Telco email (IMAP4)

Since my upgrade to WM6.1, I've noticed that even though I've read all my emails (and SMSs) or if I don't have any emails in any of the accounts, the Today screen shows "1" unread email. Even the "Messaging" app, shows no new emails or SMSs.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions as to how to fix this please?

Thanks very much,
Prembo.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Incorrect number of unread emails in Today screen(HTC Tytn II+WM6.1)
Sep 5 2008, 10:25 AM EDT
"Hi,

I just recently upgraded my HTC Tytn II from WM6.0 to WM6.1.

I have numerous email accounts set up:
- Work (POP3)
- Hotmail (MSN Live App - which integrates with "Messaging" app)
- Gmail (IMAP4)
- My Telco email (IMAP4)

Since my upgrade to WM6.1, I've noticed that even though I've read all my emails (and SMSs) or if I don't have any emails in any of the accounts, the Today screen shows "1" unread email. Even the "Messaging" app, shows no new emails or SMSs.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions as to how to fix this please?

Thanks very much,
Prembo."
Same for me. I upgraded from WM5 to WM6.1 but get the same result. All messages are in "unread" state but the count shows 1 and should be zero.

...Craig
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 5 2008, 10:34 AM EDT
I reversed the words ...my text should say "All messages are in a "read" state but the count shows 1 and should be zero." Do you find this valuable?    
rx8volution
rx8volution
Sep 5 2008, 11:21 AM EDT
OK - so I'm going to answer this and my own post at the same time... it's do-able. Get a (demo?) copy of PocketMechanic (or something else you can edit the system databases with), and go through the "pmailFolders" database and start deleting records that deal with the messages that you want to eliminate (for me it was Yahoo! and Gmail)... for whatever reason - this repeats many times in WM6.1 Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors