• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: How to recover or restore the calendar after ROM upgradeReported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts

tilt_user
How to recover or restore the calendar after ROM upgrade
Nov 25 2008, 2:12 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2008, 2:12 AM EST
I just upgraded my AT&T Tilt to the latest ROM or Window Mobile 6.1. Unfortunately, I forgot to backup my calendar before upgrading the ROM.
After the upgrade, I found out that all my calendar entries were gone :(((

Is there a way to recover the calendar entries at this point?
If I install the old ROM or Windows Mobile 6.0 back on the phone, is it possible to restore the calendar entries?

Please help... Thank you!
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
1. RE: How to recover or restore the calendar after ROM upgrade
Nov 25 2008, 6:07 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2008, 6:07 AM EST
"I just upgraded my AT&T Tilt to the latest ROM or Window Mobile 6.1. Unfortunately, I forgot to backup my calendar before upgrading the ROM.
After the upgrade, I found out that all my calendar entries were gone :(((

Is there a way to recover the calendar entries at this point?
If I install the old ROM or Windows Mobile 6.0 back on the phone, is it possible to restore the calendar entries?

Please help... Thank you!"
Obviously you found out the hard way that flashing a new rom, completely erases your phone. It does not archive and restore , like when upgrading PC software. Your only hope at this point is if at some point you sync'd your phone with your PC, perhaps some of your info will be on your PC and can be Sync'd back to your phone.

The Tilt comes with Sprite Backup , and PIM Back up is another good program to regularly backup info on to your storage card.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)