• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: ATT tilt sync problems with PC and then to ExchangeThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
ATT tilt sync problems with PC and then to Exchange
Nov 29 2008, 11:43 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2008, 11:43 AM EST
Please help!!! I have tried everything! I really need all my appointments to sync! I sync my appointments with my AT&T 8529, my home PC (Vista Home using outlook 2003) and my work (windows server 2003, work PC is XP using Outlook 2007). Until recently, I have NEVER had a problem doing this 3 way sync. Here is my problem
If I put an appointment on my AT&T Tilt 8529, it will sync with Exchange 2003 (work) but the appointment doesn’t sync with my home PC; outlook 2003. If I put an appointment on my Home PC; outlook 2003, the appointment will load on my Phone but NOT to Exchange 2003. my PC at work uses outlook 2007 (recently upgraded). Also, Recently I upgraded to windows mobile 6.1 on my home PC. Everytime I sync I get an error: Severity: Error. ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop and Sync failed with smartphoen and the following appointments failed to synchronize from the device. Lastly I get error code: support code: 0x86000107. Looking at many threads the problem could be Daylight savings time, windows Mobile 6.1 or Outlook 2007. What is the problem and how can I fix this. Other users in my business that have an AT&T tilt that upgraded to windows mobile 6.1 have the SAME Problem. Please help!

Put appointment on phone: Appointment from phone synced with exchange but NOT with outlook at home
Put appointment on home PC Vista with outlook 2003: DID NOT SYNC with phone or Exchange
Put appointment on work PC : Synced with phone but NOT Exchange

0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: ATT tilt sync problems with PC and then to Exchange
Dec 1 2008, 12:31 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 1 2008, 12:31 PM EST
The solution is to manually change the date on the phone to a date before the fall Daylight Savings Time change and then change it back to the correct date. Here's how:

1. Stop your phone's communications. Navigate to START | SETTINGS | CONNECTIONS | Wireless Manager and click the airplane to make it green (Airline Mode).
2. Change the date: Navigate to START | SETTINGS | SYSTEM | Clock. On the Time tab, change the date to a date before the Daylight Savings Time like August 1, 2008.
3. Enable communications: Navigate to START | SETTINGS | CONNECTIONS | Wireless Manager and click the airplane to gray it out (Turn off Airline Mode).
4. Create an appointment in your phone's calendar: From you Today (home) screen, click the right soft key for Calendar, then click the right soft key again for menu, then click new appointment. Create and save a test appointment.
5. Synchronize with your server: Navigate to START | PROGRAMS | Active Sync and click the left soft key for Sync.
6. Set the date to the correct date:Repeat step 2 but set the date back to the current date.
7. Establish a normal sync: Repeat step 5 to begin synchronizing normally.

You should now be able to synchronize correctly in both directions (phone to server and server to phone).
Do you find this valuable?    
chaznet

chaznet
2. RE: ATT tilt sync problems with PC and then to Exchange
Dec 5 2008, 5:46 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2008, 5:46 AM EST
"The solution is to manually change the date on the phone to a date before the fall Daylight Savings Time change and then change it back to the correct date. Here's how:..."
I gave that a try, and it worked... that is, it worked until I soft reset my WM 6.1 HTC Touch Cruise, then the issue returns. Rather involved procedure to complete after ever reset :(

Anonymous
3. Alternate Solution
Dec 17 2008, 9:52 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 17 2008, 9:52 AM EST
I found the solution was not working for me, but combined a suggestion from another thread with this solution, manipulated a step or two, and it seemed to repair.

Here is what I did to resolve my problem:

1. Repair your Outlook File, even if you don’t think you need it -- “Help” --> “Detect and Repair”
2. Disconnect your Phone from the USB Connection.
3. Stop your phone's communications. Navigate to START | SETTINGS | CONNECTIONS | Wireless Manager and click the airplane to make it green (Airline Mode).
4. Change the date: Navigate to START | SETTINGS | SYSTEM | Clock. On the Time tab, change the date to a date before the Daylight Savings Time like August 1, 2008.
5. Create an appointment in your PHONE'S calendar
6. Reconnect your phone via the USB cable and allow Activesync to run.
7. Upon Reconnection to the Activesync Server, Your phone's Date should adjust automatically, otherwise follow the step above to reset.
8. Re-Establish your phones wireless connections - Navigate to START | SETTINGS | CONNECTIONS | Wireless Manager and click the airplane to make it Grey (Airline Mode).

Once I did this, I saw problem appointments start to sync back and fourth to outlook.
sexton77

sexton77
4. RE: Alternate Solution
Jan 6 2009, 3:04 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2009, 3:04 PM EST
I cannot figure out how to do step 1 - 1. Repair your Outlook File, even if you don’t think you need it -- “Help” --> “Detect and Repair

Any help?
techdope

techdope
5. RE: Alternate Solution
Jan 26 2009, 9:05 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 26 2009, 9:05 AM EST
Microsoft seem to have admitted that WM 6.1 cant sync to two computers. They claim to have sent a patch to all OEMs, such as HTC. HTC deny this.

I have a TyTnII (Tilt) XP and activesync on desktop, Vista HP on laptop, WM 6.1 on TyTnII
Can someone PLEASE tell me when this is fixed?

It is simply outrageous that we should be given software that doesnt work!
PaulN1
PaulN1
6. RE: Alternate Solution - I agree with TechDope!
Jan 29 2009, 3:47 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 29 2009, 3:47 AM EST
I have tried this, as well as many other "fixes" and nothing has worked for me. I know this is a Tilt thread - I have the little brother 6800 with Mobile 6.1 on it. Running Vista with MDC v6.1 on a Thinkpad T61p with Office 2007 (oh, BTW: Instead of detect and repair they have "Office Diagnostics").

There is 1 appointment that just doesn't want to go away...even though I can't find it on the phone or in Outlook. Here is the error (with the name changed to protect the inocent):

The following appointments failed to synchronize from the device:
1. Subject: Joe Smoe's Birthday
Time: 4/21/05 12:00 AM
Duration: 1440 minutes

If anyone finds a way to clear this so it doesn't look for something that doesn't exist...please let me know.

Thanks
PaulN1
PaulN1
7. RE: Alternate Solution
Jan 31 2009, 2:05 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 31 2009, 2:05 AM EST
Well...I have had no problem syncing with two systems up until I upgraded my phone to Win Mobil 6.1. Don't know how...it just broke something. I think the trick is to make sure that one of the systems is set for the phone to overwrite the desktop and the other to overwrite the phone.

Anyway I finally got it fixed again.

If you want to you can see what I did here: http://htcwiki.com/thread/2204940/Sync+problem+with+non-existant+appointment

Cheers,
Paul

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)